Am I stressing out my chin?!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Jody

Am I stressing out my chin?!!!

I have a 4 mth old chin that Ive had for about a month. He has lived in a 32x30x20 4 level cage. I am going to look at another 4 mth old male today as a companion for him. Per a suggestion from here, today I split the cage into 2 levels with no access from one to the other, putting all 3 platforms at the same levelmaking it all one 2nd story level. It was suggested to put them in same cage but make it so they are unable to get to each other for a few days. I put his house and toys, food, water bottle, etc in the top and put him in there. He is going bezerk! He is looking for his ramps! Is thistoo stressful for him, or will it just take him a little while to get used to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 12:29 PM

i think that you should just try to introduce them! you dont want to stress out your friend! i myself introduced archie and dario 2 weeks after we got archie. i waited awhile because i had to quarantine archie.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Fertile Myrtle

He'll be fine!! He's not stressing just a little ticked and he'll get over it in no time!

As for the other little guy I'm not sure it was mentioned so thanks for bringing it up, heavensmom. You will want to quarantine your new chin in a different room away from your chin for at least 2 weeks to be sure he doesn't have any illnesses that the could pass to Lefty.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 01:17 PM

thats right christi! you wouldnt want the chinnies sick! its hard
to take care of a sick chinnie much less two sick chinnies!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Chinnie_girl

I can't stress enough how important quaranteen is. I had my 3 quaranteened for 3 weeks and then they became ill. Im just glad I didn't do any introductions early.
But the little guy is just confused and in a couple days he sould settle down. I had to do this with my 2 chins Silly and Chilly. They were very cranky at first but in a week they totally forgot there was an upper level.

Tags
level cage