Apparently my maternal instincts were right ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Talking Apparently my maternal instincts were right ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Well miss Audi's up to 950 already. She even feels and looks preggo now. I still can't believe she isn't due until 9/27. I am certain there are at least two, probably three. I'm hoping there aren't four, but wouldn't be surprised if there were. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was due sooner.
I woke up today to two beautiful, bouncing babies in Audi's cage. I told Chris last night I didn't think she had another 6 weeks to go, there was just no way. I could feel nipples already.

Low and behold ... The girl is the darker of the two and is 52 grams. The boy is lighter and 54 grams. Audi's being a good mama and staying at the bottom of the cage. Aston wasn't wet or ruffled looking 'down there' so I'm hoping he didn't breed her yet. Cross your fingers on that one for me.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way to go Audi

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh they are GORGEOUS!! I KNEW she couldn't have another 6 weeks to go! Okay, yesterday it was Chrisanne, today it's you, tomorrow is my turn right? These things happen in threes right???
They are beautiful! Congratulations!! MINE, MINE, MINE!! All MINE

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I keep looking at the little girl with the white tuft on her head! She's so cute!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

One more pic of her then, Mandie. The flash washed her out, but I got a good side shot.

Stephanie

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Hee hee!! I just love her little head!!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats Jade. They are gorgeous.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Steph, congrats! They are both gorgeous and look at the colouring on both of them!

Mandie, I take it you have dibs on the female?
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks Denise, I'm thrilled.

Actually she and Chrisanne are going back and forth. Chrisanne's technically first in line.

Stephanie

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

The babies are beautiful! The lighter one looks like Aston to me (of course I dont know all the chin color details...lol, but they look similar to me haha...)

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Thanks Denise, I'm thrilled.

Actually she and Chrisanne are going back and forth. Chrisanne's technically first in line.
Yeah, Chrisanne and I are going to fight for her...last one standing is the winner
Just kidding She'll go to Chrisanne...But I get to see her in person FIRST!! haHA!
I'll wait for the next litter...in the mean time...look for another mate for her.

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Oh my gosh. How darling!

Congrats!!

That little girl's my fave as well, Mandie. What a doll!

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM

Congrats Steph and Audi they are gorgeous.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Poor Aston. He's not liking his newfound bachelorhood at ALL. At least he's definitely proven his ebony lineage. He was good with mom and babes before I took him out, I'm sure he'll be a good daddy.

I'm contemplating re-introducing him to Praline while Audi nurses these kits and give her a nice long break. Hmmm.
(For any non-chin people, a female chinchilla will go immediately into heat after giving birth. Most hobby breeders will remove the male for 10 days to prevent another pregnancy.)

Stephanie

post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Poor Aston! Yeah, I think you should re-intro him to Praline...that way neither one will be lonely and Audi's going to be too busy with the babies

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at