Attitude problems - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Attitude problems

All of my chins are rescues and all but one has come around beautifully, I can hold and pet even the ones that used to be biters. Lucas is a male that seems to hate everyone. He's very smart, potty trained and he knows his name, he was the most spoiled/well treated one of all the others but it's like he's angry all the time!! I don't know what to do, I've treated him the same as all the others (worked for them!) if not better trying to win him over but he refuses to be touched, and when I talk to him he gets really agitated and starts tearing at the bars and jumping around like an angry little monkey! Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on what I can do to make him happier/more friendly? The typical suggestion is to just be patient, but it seems like he's getting worse! He's fine physically, eats and drinks well...I just can't figure it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 06:14 PM

I don't have any suggestions.But would like to know too.

I have a male that we have had for almost a year. We can not touch him, not even to get him out of the cage for his run time, we have to bring the dust bath to the cage get him in it, then carry it to the room where they run, getting him back in the cage usually ends up with me getting bit or peed on. LOL
When it's snack time he is the first to beg, and doesn't bite then but grabs and runs.
The female he is with is very sweet, as was their kits.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 10:38 PM

I know hamster are very different then chins, but I had the same problem with Snugger, it took us along time to get her tyo be trusting and tame. The pet store we had gotten her from didn't treat the animals with enough respect. I got bit for many months before we started really making progress. I know this probably doesn't help, but thought I'd just throw it out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Desdemona

My chinnies have good days and bad... and it is weird, because either they are ALL loving and sweet, or are ALL mean and peeing everywhere. It is really bizarre. I have also found that once a chinnie is OUT of the cage they LOVE being snuggled (at least mine do) but about 50% of my chins are a royal pain in the butt to get out of their cages... (not to point any fingers... AHEM... MAZI)..

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Fertile Myrtle

You have to admit - Mazi puts excitement in your life!! LOL

I don't know what to suggest either - how long have you had him? Was his last owner male or female? Could it be that he had a bad experience with a female? Does he react the same to a male voice??

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
dust bath, pet store, potty train, potty trained