The attraction - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

The attraction

So, just wondering, what's the big attraction for chinchillas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

21 views and no one can muster up a response?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

It's hard to explain!! For me, I first got a chinnie because it was cute and fluffy and bigger than a hamster, mouse or rat. Once I got him, it was ALL OVER! I fell in love! They are funny when they are excited, they bounce around to get attention, they pout when ignored (or think they are being ignored) they through poo at those they don't like, give kisses to those they do like. Just watching a chinchilla gives me a sense of love, adoration, humor, and they just make me feel good. Doesn't matter what happened that day, I walk in the chin room and I just feel better. They are good for my stress levels

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I couldn't have said it better, Mandie.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thank you ^_^
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

Smile

I got my first chin 8 years ago. I dont remember why I got one (I was like 13) other than they are extremely cute and I already had every other kind of small animal. And they are packed with personality.

Now I have 5, and they are tons of fun. Each has there own quirks like their favorite type of treat, or favorite chew toy. All of them immediately come to the cage door when I walk in the room. If I open it, they *will* jump out. They like to have playtime where they run and explore everywhere. My oldest knows his name and was a master escape artist before I learned his tricks (One night I woke up with a chinnie-butt on my face!) Whenever the dust bath is in sight.. they get excited and roll around for as long as I let them. They would sleep in the dust if they could.

They don't smell (IMO.. not like rabbits or guinea pigs), pretty easy to maintain (do research though..), and are very interactive creatures. =)

NaTaLiE

Setsuki (std) Coolio (bv) Butters (pw) & Diamond (sap) the chinchillas
Mortimer the cat
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

What Mandie said and more. Chinchillas also don't judge you...they love you no matter what. You can always look at your chinchilla and smile.

Karen

[

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Playful Pup

Hooked on Chillas

I have always been a dog and lizard lover. I swore up an down that I would never own a fluffy rodent, but when I met my husband and met his chilla it was over. We now own three and the other two additions were my doing. They each have there own personality. When they are angry, happy or playful they show it. I love just watching them interact and play together. Definately a stress reliever. And darn cute for pictures.

The Chillas and there owners Linsey and Chris
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Playful Pup

I got my first one because he was so cute and soft and fluffy. I'd always wanted one as a kid and then once I got to college I had enough money to get my own so I got one...and then another...and then my mom got one. They're just irresistable little animals.

Tags
chew toy, chin room, dust bath, guinea pig