Audi's weight thread - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Audi's weight thread

I thought I'd start this and keep a running record so we can see how much she's gaining. A ton of people ask how much their chin should gain and how much means how many kits - it's so variable per chin! But at least I'll have something to do while I go crazy with anticipation. Granted, her last litter she gained all of 40 grams and popped out a 60 gram single kit!

Due: 9/27

6/8 - 758 grams - day of mating
6/14 - 768
6/21 - 788
6/24 - 798
6/29 - 828
7/8 - 850
7/14 - 872
7/17 - 886
7/21 - 902
7/25 - 922
7/30 - 946
8/04 - 950

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Proud New Mommy

Destiny gained and lost and gained and gained and gained... Rylee is her half sister and is completely different. It's so different with each chinchilla it's incredible.

Maybe we should all post our weights and compare... Good idea Jade

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

yayyy... I can't wait to see what they have if they were successful

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Methinks there's a baby or two, or three in there. She's been steady at around 760 for a good 6-8 months and now has gained 30 grams.

6/21 - 788

Stephanie

post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Steph, that is fantastic! Gosh, this is so exciting! I can't wait to see what she has.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awesome news!! I am so excited for you.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Proud New Mommy

YAY!!

post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh gee! Let me pull out my Chinnie weight book...I suspect both Skye and Sage to be pregnant and here is their weights since Jax went into the run...Sam is also in the run and she just recently started gaining...I suspect Skye and Sage to be due in August.
I haven't weighed them every single week, but here's an idea
4/11/04
Sam 640, Sage 674, Skye 686
4/21/04
Sam 646, Sage 679, Skye 692
4/28/04
Sam 656, Sage 688, Skye 701
6/9/04
Sam 665, Sage 700, Skye 701
5/19/04
Sam 675, Sage 768, Skye 741 (This is when I started to suspect)
6/3/04
Sam 660, Sage 775, Skye 758
6/13/04
Sam 664, Sage 791, Skye 770
6/21/04
Sam 660, Sage 790, Skye 783

I still don't think Sam is Pregnant, but I do think Sage and Skye are

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at

Last edited by Chinchilla_Girl; 06-21-2004 at 01:51 PM.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Proud New Mommy

I would definately say Sage and Skye are pregnant.

As far as Sam, some chinchillas tend to gain gain gain then all of a sudden drop a couple grams-- As long as they are still gaining after their drops, it's somewhat safe to assume...

Congrats!

Last edited by Rocheal; 06-21-2004 at 02:03 PM.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

They certainly appear so!! Have you felt baby kicks at all Mandie? I can usually feel them with Audi up to a month before.

She gained 10 more grams in 3 days!! I hope she doesn't have more than three, I like my sleep!

Stephanie

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I haven't felt any kicks yet, but by my estimations, they aren't due till August...possibly the middle, so hopefully within the next couple of weeks we should start feeling them
Audi gained 10 gms in 3 days!!! Wow! I hope she doesn't have more than 3 either, but 3 is my guess for her...it's my guess for Skye too! Sage I'm guessing at 1 or 2, although she weighs more than Skye, she doesn't look as round as she does

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I think it's a really good idea, posting and sharing the weight gains of possibly pregnant Chinchillas. It could prove very useful for others, and yourselves as well.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Adolescent Pup

What the most kits a chinchilla can have?
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I believe it's 6.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Proud New Mommy

1-2 is the "normal" range, if there is such thing as normal.... 6 is the most but is rare.

Tags
cage cleaning, shredded wheat