A Baby!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

A Baby!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!
Deja our pink eyed white rescue girl who i had originally thought to be pregnant but then decided wasnt, just had a baby!!!
My boyfreind was trying to rearrange the wheels in the cages and noticed a small nose peeking out and its a baby !!!!
He/she looks like a beige (deja was kept with a homo beige male before we got her) and is so cute the little eyes arent quite opened though and the baby is smaller than i thought chin babies were. Is there anything i can do for her?

IM SOOOOO HAPPY!!! :blob3:

Lois Isabel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh wow congratulations! I'm not a chin' expert so i got no advice, but still how exciting must that be!!

Laura
-----------------------------------------------
Rehoming Services Montreal Rescue

Got me one rescued elderly cat(Marc), 2 adorable rats(Paris and Rattikins) and ALOT of spoiled fish:
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Do you feel she needs helping? There are some great tips on breeding/kit rearing in the chin section, just do a search. Do you have a scale ready? You'll need that to monitor her weight gain.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I Heart My Job

THat's exciting. I hope to see pictures up soon. ^^

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Im going to take pictures later on, when mom and baby have had a little time to adjust . Im wondering though how long i should wait until taking the baby out to be weighed?

Lois Isabel

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Don't wait. You need a comparison weight. He/she may lose a couple grams the first day, but should gain continuously after that. Make sure you weigh baby at least once daily to monitor loss or gain. If the baby is consistently losing, you'll likely need to hand feed.

Stephanie

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

This is mom and baby . I am sort of afraid to take her out to be weighed but i will do it after i post this. She seems so tiny (i think its a she) but i have never seen a newborn chin. Does she look to be an alright size to you guys?

Will post an update after weighing her, thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: gif DSCN6762.gif (42.3 KB, 29 views)

Lois Isabel

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

aw she/he is so cute!!!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I Heart My Job

aaawww! So little.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Sooooooooooo cute!!! It's hard to tell (for me anyways) if he/she is too small or just the right size for a newborn. The weight will tell for sure.

My four were tiny when they were born. But, they made it through just fine! Need to get some darn batteries in the scale so I can weigh them again!

Karen

[

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Its hard to judge by a picture. You really need to get a weight.

An adorable baby though. Looks like a homo beige to me.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Lil baby weighs in between 35-40 grams. Is this too little? Her eyes arent quite open and look a tiny bit crusty, is this normal?

Lois Isabel

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I just wanted to add that had i known that deja was indeed pregnant i would have done all of this reesearch beforehand and would have been prepared. I feel very bad that we didnt realise that she was pregnant. We take her out to play everynight but she just walks into our hands so we dont really grasp her stomach at all, and therefore did not feel the baby.

I appreciate all of the advice thanks so much

Lois Isabel

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

I'd say in my personal opinion that 40 grams is an ok weight for a newborn baby chilla. Like everyone else has said, keep weighing him/her everyday to see any dramatic weight losses or gains.

Karen

[

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Adolescent Pup

Oh, how cute. What an awesome surprise. I know nothing about chins, so I can't give you any advice, but good luck and keep us updated.

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

Tags
homo beige, pink eyed white