Bad behavior - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Bad behavior

I have a problem my little Twitches is starting to bit me all the time? At first a while ago it started with him chewing on the door, and when I'd tell him no he'd come around and bit me (Hard, bleeding)then I thought I got the problem fixed but now his bitting me for no reason. And its just Me (that makes it so hurtful) my husband he never has bitten. And I am the one who gives him all the attention, in the middle of the night if I hear him I'll get up and actually let him have more play time, and he does have fun, he just seems to have a temper with me. So Please give me some advice its breaking my I love the little guy so much, but its getting to the point i feel like just letting my husband play with the little guy? Maybe I give him to much attention? My last chin was a girl and she was sweet and never would bit? I'm I doing something wrong this time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I had a similar problem with a chin too. She loved my mom, but didn't like me. She would bark and spray me if I got too close. Unfortunatly we weren't able to work things out. I ended up trading her with another breeder, who she also liked more than me. Sometimes I think it's just a personality thing. Not everyone can like everybody right? But if you hven't had him very long, he could just be adjusting. When he does bite make a quick high pitched 'no!'. It'll help deter him with out hurting him. Hopefully everything works out for you guys =)

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your advice. Last night at playtime My husband got the role of telling Twitch No when he was chewing on the walls,and he'd come running to me, and sit on my lap, Like save me!
After last night I've kinda came to the conclusion that who ever tells him no is going to be the one that he ignores and gets mad at! It makes me feel better since its not really me!
Plus, Maybe Twitch could sense the fact that I was afraid of him bitting me.
His still little so maybe he is just seeing what he can get away with!!
Thanks again for your advice, I was happy to see that I got a reply!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

See if blowing on him helps. I have found it somewhat effective on detering unwanted behavior.

---Cathy

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm glad I could help. I'm sure he'll be a wonderful chin. It's nice to see he feels comfortable enough with you to run to you for 'protection'. =)

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!