Bitten pad on back toe, i need help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Exclamation Bitten pad on back toe, i need help!

So in the process of trying to get my new chin to get along with my beige, somehow my beiges toe got bitten. Its not bitten completely off, but he's got a bite into the pad. Its bleeding a bit, not too much though.

So my question is, should I just put neosporin on it and keep an eye out for swelling/redness? should i clean it in any way? what about bedding in the cage? i use pine shavings, the good stuff that isnt dusty, is it okay to keep him on that? gonna be no baths for awhile i know that...

So.. any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. im gonna go clean his cage really well so he'll have very clean conditions. hopefully this hurricane doesnt rain on my head too much while im cleaning.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelie1985
So my question is, should I just put neosporin on it and keep an eye out for swelling/redness? should i clean it in any way? what about bedding in the cage? i use pine shavings, the good stuff that isnt dusty, is it okay to keep him on that? gonna be no baths for awhile i know that...

Thanks.
Sounds like you have it all figured out Keep his bedding clean and dab a little neosporin on his foot a couple times a day. Watch out for swelling and redness. It should totally heal within a few days.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Irregular and Proud!

If your chin is one of those who likes to eat Neosporin (some of them do), you can also use a small amount of peroxide. It is drying (a disadvantage) but it decomposes into perfectly natural bioproducts (water and hydrogen gas).

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Chins are always getting their toes bitten off and such, don't fret too much, he should be just fine!

Alicyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
pine shavings