breeding runs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

breeding runs

we've got a great idea for a breeding run cage. The problem is: we can't find any!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been looking for an hour, probably and have found Nothing. Im so tired!! Does anyone know where to find someone that has them that will ship?

Thanks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I'm not sure if Ralph ships or not...hmm...I'll have to E-mail him and ask. I bought a set of 6 hole runs from him at the seminar and they are really nice! I paid $160 for them and they come with collars, glass bottles, feeders, and supplement holders. There is a pic in the thread about the Shoots chins. I'll let you know what he says about shipping them, but I think it will be fairly expensive to do so. It might be cheaper to go up to Ohio and get them from his place

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:34 PM

Ryerson ships breeding runs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

These folks ship and their shipping is inexpensive. I have one of the 16 unit runs and like it very much.
http://www.cageworks.com/index.html
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Those are nice, but no prices listed...hmmm

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Chinchilla Girl,

I would love to get so much stuff from him but not to be rude or bias; I just don't agree with much of what he is doing. I know, though, that it's just him and it's just the way he is.

I will look around on those webpages and see what I can find on there. Thanks for the help!!

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I understand...Everyone is entitled to their opinions! That's what makes America so great! LOL! Let me know if you find out the prices on those runs in the site listed above. They look really nice!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Kansas City Chinchillas

The cost of the 16 unit run was 795.00 when I recently got it, plus 75.00 for a rolling stand, plus shipping. The total was 1006.00. Runs are located on the back of the units so they don't take up unit space and the runs even have galvanized pans underneath them so the males don't pee on each other. The units are big enough to put in wood shelves, wooden house or what ever you like. You can hang toys from the ceiling. I like them because I can make them a more pet oriented cage than small runs will allow. The males love to run up and down the runs. There is a solid divider between each unit so the females can't bother each other.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Wow! I might have to look into investing in those next tax season! Thanks for the info!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Sure Chinchilla Girl! Take over my thread! Im just playing...

I found one on Ryerson's I like. It's the 3 hole run. We aren't going to use it like most breeders do though because I, too, don't like the small space.

We were initionally (sp??) thinking of cutting out a square from the top of one run and the bottom of the other that would rest on top. That way the male could run to 6 females and it would save room instead of being next to eachother. We're also going to rotate the females for more room for them to run around. I think it's going to be such a space saver. Even though it will take more time, it'll be worth it!

Chinchilla Girl, the three hole run is $60.00. (not including shipping)

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

In theory that's a good idea Rocheal. Only problem is.... the top and bottom are made of particle board. If cut, it could make an opening that the chins could chew which could be harmful to them.

Shipping from the Ryersons runs about $120 to this part of the country.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

I was talking about cutting the run part, where the male runs..

My gosh, where are they??

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:08 PM

the run part is on the very back uper section of the run. Under the run is an area of the cage the female is in.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Yeah... It's so hard to explain

I was thinking if I cut a square out of the ceiling of the bottom run and the floor of the upper run, the male could run between those 6 cages.

Would that work the way they are built?

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:23 PM

nope, it wouldn't work.

I'll try to get a picture that will help show you what i mean.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
cage cleaning, chin room