Building your own chinnie cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Building your own chinnie cage

We really would love to build our own cage for Bailey soon. I was wondering, what are some designs you use to build your cages? What materials do you all use to make them? We have never built a cage before! Thanks so much guys!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well seeing as we don't have our chinnies anymore because we moved to Italy I will try to remember, the hubby used to use what looks like chicken wire (can not remember the gage) and we used clear storage containers as the bottoms, he bought some springs and what looked like "C" hooks to attach together to use for closing the door as well well as connecting the sides of the cage through a hole that he drilled to the bottom. He used the same type of wiring for the shelves and we cut and placed chloroplast (spelling) over the shelves for cushioning. Now if you want something fancier there are other's here that have built some really nice looking cages for their chinnies as well. Each cage cost us about $8-$10 to make. Good Luck, and I hope you find what your looking for, I would attach a photo of what ours used to look like, but can't begin to find the disk for the life of me

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.spoiledchins.net Those are the plans I use and LOVE them. She was giving away the plans until someone started selling them. So they're now a whopping $5 and go to her rescue organization.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Ohhh thank you so much guys!

Kim - That sounds awesome!! If you ever find the disk, I would love to see a picture of it, girl!! This gives us some great ideas!

Steph- Thanks girl! I am going to check out that site right now!

~* Jackie *~

Tags
chicken wire