Ceramic Bath House - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Question Ceramic Bath House

Has anyone ever used a ceramic bath house compared to the plastic one's? The only positive I can see is that they are alot cuter, but it looks as if the hole is alot bigger meaning more room for sand to fly everywhere. They sell for 17.00 on The Ferrett Store, but a lady that works at the pet store told me she would order me one for $9.00. I just don't know what the pro's and con's are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:39 AM

OMG! I've never seen those before, I want some! To bad they're that expensive, I'd buy a whole set.
Obviously I've never used them, but the obvious Pro's for me would be that the wouldn't be chewed up... no worries about blockages or ruined bath houses, also they look like they'd stay where you put em, the plastic ones tend to roll on mesh bottom cages if your chins get too frisky The only thing I could think bad about them is that the bigger opening would let more sand out like you said. Looks like it might be a little small for multiple chins to get into at once too, but I don't think thats really a big deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:57 AM
Miss New Booty

WOW! I haven't seen that before, either! That looks cool!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They're awful small though. I don't think they'd work for adult chinnies to bathe in. Someone posted a pic of a chin in one and it had hardly any room to sit, let alone roll.

Stephanie

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 02:25 PM

Aww they are cute. I have never seen in a pet store here.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

thanks Jade I wondered if they would have room to roll around in and they do look small. The TOV White that I am getting; I had his pic posted inside one of those bath houses and he seemed to fit, however he will get bigger and then he will be squished, so I have decided to just stay with what I've got unless they make them even bigger.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:28 PM

I love that duster! Wish they were bigger.
Superpet company comes out with the cutest things. Since they may be a bit too small for the chins but people like them you could let the company know they are too small and they may adjust the size if there is an interest. Just a thought.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:43 PM

that is absolutely adorable.. I have never seen those before.. are they a new product???
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Yep Pam it's new. Which is why I would have to get my petstore to order one, but I didn't think about contacting the ferret shop and letting them know that they need to be bigger, so at least two can get in together. Thanks for the idea Chinhappy!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 07:29 PM

I think contacting Superpet, the manufacturer may work better.

Tags
pet store