A Chin with Character - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

A Chin with Character

Look at this face!! This is a face of a mom that just gave birth to two cute little kits. Gotta love the freckles. Her ears nose lips and even her eyeballs have freckles. She is of course very sweet to top it off but look at that rumpled fur. I wonder what she will look like by the time she is alowed to have a dust bath again (8-10 days).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

That poor mama! Give her scratches for me, Debbie! Might as well rumple the fur a bit more!

Total curiosity here, don't mind me, but do you take away their bath a few days before they are due or open? (Just trying to get a feel for other breeding practices, that's all!)

Stephanie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Total curiosity here, don't mind me, but do you take away their bath a few days before they are due or open?
They can have baths before unless the dust is medicated then I don't recommend it.

Samone literally rolls all over the cage to dry it up after giving birth. She is a bit of a nut case. I guess thats why I love her so much!

Here is dad with one of the babies!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The ones with unique personality certainly seem to steal our hearts, don't they?

That pic is too precious! You're making my baby itch worse, you know? I'm going to go home and play some romantic music for Praline and Aston.

Stephanie

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I won't tell you then about the 12 litters we had the past three weeks!!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yeah, that's it. Just taunt me.

Stephanie

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Please forgive me

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'll think about it.

Stephanie

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Awww, she looks like a frazzled mama!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

It is supposed to be easy this whole giivng birth thing, don't show me frazzled Mama pictures, show me "boy, even in the animal kingdom having a baby is cake."

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Proud New Mommy

My gosh, she looks tired!!! so cute!!

LMBO.. Now I know why everyone gets the kit itches!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She looks just like my Mirage in that first pic, all frazzled and worn out. SHe can't wait for the kits to be weaned!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
dust bath