Chin Play Time - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Chin Play Time

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to play with a chinchilla while their out of their cage? I lay on the floor and mine will come up to me and he stares at me like he wants me to do something, but I don't how to entertain him. Any good toys, like whiffle balls, that they will chase around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM

I find that w/my Chin that he will entertain himself and have fun. I sit or lay on the floor w/him and he runs around like crazy and explores the 'safe area' i make him. They enjoy cardboard boxes to climb into and on top of. you can have fun and hide a treat and send them on a 'hunt' to find where you hid it
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks for the suggestion. He's still a baby, but he's learning how to "wall surf" its pretty fun to watch. Do they enjoy toys like ferrets do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 PM

Mine generally entertain themselves pretty well... i just keep an eye on them to make sure they dont get through my chinchillla proofing.....and get into stuff they shouldnt. I think its an on-going competition we have? to see who is smarter ;-) I have a couch in my room and they love to play on that? haha... kinda an expensive toy They like it when i leave boxes laying around Mine would be rather confused if i tried to play fetch or what not with them probably.... but ya never know, yours may like it? Oh! and mine love it when i bring company over
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 AM

Cool

I have a play pin for my two, and they love it! They pretty much entertain themselves I put a wooden house sorta thing in there and they hide and jump on it, plus a few of their chew toys but they just like running around. But I use a play pin because I have no room I can chin proof for them to play in.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

I got a Lounge Around Play Ground form Sinful Chins .
They are current not makes them, but they will start again some time after May. My boys love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Will It Ever Change?

wow thats an awesome playground! i'm jealous!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes, chew toy, chew toys