Chin poo..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Chin poo.....

Ok, so I'm just a little on the weird and crazy side.....(just a little, hehe)

Has anyone ever found themselves saying "wow, that's a big chin poo?"

I say that from time to time.

I must be really bored.

Time to get a life.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

What is it with you and poo?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I don't know.....

I find poo funny. I guess......

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I just thought of something.

I think I'm so animate about poo simply because I've had issues in the past with my chins. Snowball recently went through surgery and she had to be on two different types of medications, one for the gas built up in her stomach. She wasn't eating, hence she wasn't producing poo. To me that's pretty scary.

I guess I want to know that their poos are the size they're supposed to be. I guess I'm really paranoid about going through that again. I'm having issues now with two more of my chins having small poos. At least they're passing some, but not at the size they should be.

Sorry this is such a long explanation. I guess I needed to clarify to everyone why I was so into poo. Not obsessed with poo , just to let you all know.

Karen

[

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I totally understand your obsession with poo No really, your concern is with reason. Good reason. I don't blame you for fussing over their poopies.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

That's okay, I understand...I check poo levels with all my chins daily...as a matter of fact, I was cleaning Sage's cage tonight and noticed she's got some HUGE poos! Some of them were this (......) long! No kidding!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I once found one this (________) long! I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. I'm done teasing.

...when I had my chinchillas *grumble mutter mumble* I checked their poos daily. There were a couple of times I wondered how they even managed to push one out, that's how big it was.

-

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Have you ever seen them push 2 or 3 out at the same time??? Kir and Ty do that occasionally and all I can think is OWWWWWW!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Part of the Pack

I once found one (_________________________________________________ ______) that long.

Ok I'm lying, I just wanted in on the conversation.

One of the first pieces of advice I was taught was to watch the poops, and it'll be a good indicator on how your chin is doing, so I suppose it is our duty to check it out.

Well, here's a story:

I must have been about 8 and visiting an elderly aunt. I was sitting for breakfast at the kitchen counter on a barstool. My Aunt asked me (and who knows why in the world she asked me this I was 8) she asked me how was my stool? Well it was fine, except my feet didn't touch the floor. She asked me if I was regular. I said well I think I am pretty normal.

It was such an odd conversation I still remember it and I was a couple years older when I figured out what in the world she was actually talking about, and I still wonder sometimes why was she asking me that? She died when I was a teenager so I guess the mystery will always be there.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

-

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

I don't ever say that was big i say "ohmygoodness all that came outta you in five minutes???"
LOL I don't get big poos just ALOT

Alicyn

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeyPokey
LOL I don't get big poos just ALOT
Wait are we talking about your chin's poo or your poo?

Let's talk about poo baby... (remember that song by TLC?)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Oh yeah, I've seen pretty long and plump poos. I can't imagine how they can push that big thing out of such a tiny little butt.

Dan and I were recently discussing Monkey and how he has extremely healthy poo. I wish two of our other chinnie pumpkins would have larger poo!! But, we are starting to give them hairball remedy, just in case that could be why their poos are small, and everyone gets papaya at least once a week.

Karen

[

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn
I was sitting for breakfast at the kitchen counter on a barstool. My Aunt asked me (and who knows why in the world she asked me this I was 8) she asked me how was my stool? ... It was such an odd conversation I still remember it and I was a couple years older when I figured out what in the world she was actually talking about, and I still wonder sometimes why was she asking me that? She died when I was a teenager so I guess the mystery will always be there.
My great-grandmother was OBSESSED with the whole family's history of bowel movements. She would ask my uncle when he was young, "Honey, have you had a BM today?"

I think it's people from the 1900-1950s era in general. During the time my great-grandmother grew up, if you didn't poo once a day, something was WRONG with you!

Old folks and chinnie owners--always obsessed with poo.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

Wait are we talking about your chin's poo or your poo?

Let's talk about poo baby... (remember that song by TLC?)
heyyyyyy come now! LOL

Alicyn

Tags
sugar glider, sugar gliders