Chin Rescue??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Chin Rescue???

Hello everyone I have recently joined. I had trouble when I first tried to register, but I didn't know that Stephanie's user name was Jade. I have been on here alot though reading what you guys/gals posted, but that was as far as I could get...until now. Anyway I am the proud owner of Stephanie's "little munchkin", Carrera. I must say that she did a wonderful job and parenting and spoiling her rotten. It only took her a few days to warm up to me and let me start rubbing her chin and scratching behind her ears. Just this morning when I came back home from taking my soon to be six yr old daughter to school Carrera was starring at me (hypnotized) between the bars of her door until she fell asleep. I was sitting in my recliner and the minute I got up and moved she awoke...so I didn't get a pic. It's almost as if I need to keep my camera with me at all times. It never fails when they do something cute I am not prepared! Well that's enough about me and my little girl. I have been contacted by a lady who was given a total of six chinchillas. The lady she got them from got two standards from the pet store and was told they were the same sex, so guess what happened? Yup, male and female and she ended up with a breedback. She is willing to keep two, but that leaves four I told her that I would take two as long as they are the same sex (I will double check when I visit!), that leaves two. I am just beginning to get involved/addicted to those cute furballs, but I don't want to get overwhelmed at first. This lady lives in the upstate of South Carolina. Do any of you know a shelter that specializes in Chinchilla rescues? I am not positive, but from her emails it sounds as if they are all in one cage, because she has told me that her cage isn't big enough for all of them. If that is the case some might be pregnant by their own sibling! I just sent her an email asking her if that is so. If indeed they are, then I want to act quick and rescue at least two before they become so stressed out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Jamie Huggins may be able to take some - she runs a shelter program. [email protected] is her email.

Glad to see you, Brenda! I'm sure you'll have a blast here!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:30 PM

Welcome to Paw Talk. I don't know of anyone else other than Jamie and Jade has already mentioned her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I think you will really enjoy it here.

Good Luck with your Chinnie situation. I think you are doing a wonderful thing

[center]

[
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jade for the email I just sent a msg, so hopefully these chins will find a good comfortable home. Did you ever locate any of that fullers dust bath?

Thanks Sassy.....it's nice to meet you!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

No, I didn't but the more research I do, the less I want to use it. It's classified an irritant dust and with my allergies, I don't think it would help.

Stephanie

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM

Hi Brenda! Nice to meet ya! I look forward to seeing pictures of Carrera..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Jade you are an !!! I got almost an immediate response from Jaime and she is willing to take in the other two. I am real lucky because that is all she has room for. I heard back from Erika a little while ago and just as I was afraid of they are ALL in the same cage! Watch me end up with a pregnant one. Oh well, hopefully I can count on you guys/gals for support. I am now waiting for her to call me, so we can make arrangements to meet this weekend. I will also be getting the other two to transport to Jaime at the same time, since I live closer to her than Erika does.

Thanks guys!!!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Glad to hear you could help them!! Be sure to keep us updated.

Stephanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Proud New Mommy

You ARE such an angel for doing that!! I know they'll end up in a good home... Welcome to Paw-Talk, and I can't wait to get pics of Carrera, and updates on those chins you're saving!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Tags
dust bath, pet store