Chin sleeping on his side - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Chin sleeping on his side

Hi everyone, last week I went to check on my new chin and noticed that he was laying on his side.I took him to an exotic vet because I just bought him and wanted to make sure that he didn't have any health issues. She said that he looked great, but put gave him some fluids and Metacam just in case. He seemed to really perk up after the fluids, but a week later he began to lay stretched out on his side again; he always looks dead, but responds when I come in. Is it normal for them to sleep like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I worry when my chins DON'T sleep on their sides.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I agree my two are always flopped out on their sides, a lot of chins sleep like it don't worry, they just like to be comfy

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ok, thanks guys I was just concerned because the first week he only slept on his feet, so to see him on his side definitely scared me. He is the sweetest little guy in the world and so friendly! He loves to be held
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Some chins even sleep om their back if they get the chance

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hehe. My degus do that all the time. x3
And they also sleep on their back.
It's just a comfortable position for them to sleep. ^_^

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Playful Pup

mine do it all the time.. it means they are comfortable in their environment.. though i almost had a heart attack the first time i saw one sleeping that way - i thought she was dead..

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
Shadow, Thor, Sandy, Pandora and Isis

Spike
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Playful Pup

i posted a pic of her sleeping like that on this thread
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showp...4&postcount=13

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
Shadow, Thor, Sandy, Pandora and Isis

Spike
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 PM

One of mine does that too... it's a little concerning to come in and see him flopped over in a slightly unnatural position, but he always perks right up as soon as he sees i am home. The frist time he did it i poked him until he woke up... yes, he was a happy little chinchilla... but it seems to be quite normal, and i just let him be and sleep however he wants
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Talula, that's exactly what mine looked like! Definitely scary
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 AM

Smile

I have 4 chins and thry love to sleep on their sides... Here is a cute pic of Stuart Little ... oblivious to the world....
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 AM

Stuart Littel

Tags
exotic vet