Chin Sounds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Talking Chin Sounds

Hello everyone just came across the most neatest and interesting website and wanted to share. You can actually download the noises the Chinchilla makes and listen to it or let your chin listen to it. I past this site on to my sister (she has a mosaic male named Chico). She turned the volume on her computer up as loud as it would go and played the noise that is titled anger/rage and Chico went "storming" into his house to hide. There are also many other ones on there too.

Here is the website:www.chinchilla-sounds.de

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 09:44 AM

How interesting! I don't have a chinchilla but I find them very interesting, so I went ahead and listened to all of them. I like the baby and mommy sounds. And the warning sound, that's cute too.
AngelaT
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I played the baby sounds for Audi when she was pregnant, she nearly flipped out. I felt so bad!!

It's definitely one of my favorite chinnie sites!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 03:19 PM

I love that site too. My chins aren't really big talkers though. They make the anger sounds from time to time, but the weirdest is that Muad'Dib still makes the baby sounds sometimes. Every couple of month's he'll wake up from a dream and be screaming. But he had a really good babyhood, so I don't know what his problem is. He also made that sound many times while I was driving them through Birmingham, AL on my way up to NY. Maybe he's never graduated to adult sounds as neither of his parents are very vocal.

Also funny, that right after Maureen was born, she and Muad'dib would make the singing noise at each other, but it was like it was chinnie radar. She never liked him to go too far away, and when he did, she would make the noise. Then as they got closer together, the noise would be more frequent. They still do it sometimes. Close those two are.

Mike was really the king of noise. Sassy, I don't know how you stand it, but when its mating time, you cannot shut him up. He hoots all night long.

Cute thread!

Patti