Chinchilla behavior? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Chinchilla behavior?

Hi all! I have two chinchilla boys and I was wondering if you could help me understand their behavior. I've kept chinchillas for the past 8 years so I'm not new to care, just new to them interacting with each other. I'm trying to introduce them, but I'm having problems with them chasing each other. Some background: I got Theo a month ago from a rescue (he's 4) and I've had Guido for the past 8 years and has always been super friendly. Anyway, when they have playtime they end up chasing each other until Guido gets a chunk of fur off of Theo and then tries to eat it. There is no vocalization between them. I would like to bond them, but I realize that that may not be a possibility at this point. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Newborn Pup

you can try to get two cage close to geter with 5-10 cm between them for chinchlla can reach longer then you think and see hows that goes
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Playful Pup

I was told a neutral room with neutral cages would be best. Like buying two cages suited for idk guinea pigs that you would use for travel and make sure they are clean so they are both in a new place. I was told to place them where they can see each other all the time then move them closer like kibasnowpaw said and eventually together. my house has two girl chins and depending on where they are is who is fighting with who so it may be a territory thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Newborn Pup

my Chinchilla have been really nervous the last 2 days more then when i got her she in a cage with a male see been with all her life and i gonna move him out i just need a cage more and when i have it i gonna move him out

like i said in the other post maybe she is pregnant can that have somthing to do with it

My Chinchillas
kibathewolf.dk/Chinchilla.php
--------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------
FB:
facebook.com/kibathewolf

Last edited by kibasnowpaw; 10-17-2010 at 04:41 PM.