Chinchilla and Cat? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Question Chinchilla and Cat?

Have any of you ever experienced bonding between a chin and a cat or dog? Our cat always sleeps outside the chin's cage and I always catch them touching noses and sniffing each other. And when the chin is out to play, they chase each other around. The cat even ricochets of the walls now because she saw the chinchilla do it. So what I'm wondering is: Are they actually playing and being friendly? Or is the chin just chasing her around because she doesnt like her? I usually let them run around together for 5 minutes, then I put the cat in a seperate room, not wanting things to get too carried away.
Its still fun at least to tease my wife that my chin can beat her cat up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Sometimes a cat or a dog will do fine with a chin

I remeber some years ago, on a danish forum (does not exist anymore), where a woman posted a pic of her male cat, whit a baby chinchilla on it's tommy.
The chinchilla found a nipple and started to suck. The cat began to purr.
So some thimes they "like" each other, or maybe it's more a case of them accepting each oter. I'm not quite sure.

But if dogs and cats can learn to bond, why shouldn't cats and chinchillas be able to bond

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow that's really cute. just remember to be careful with it. that must be super cute to see!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That sounds adorable. I've been wondering the same thing. I want to get a puppy but I worry about Optimus not liking another animal in his house. I guess you just have to keep a very close eye to make sure nothing goes wrong.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Part of the Pack

My three girls absolutely ADORE my kitten. He just sits there and watches them play around in their cages. They sit at the front to keep an eye on him too.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I think it's different from animal to animal.
Like my cat. He would kill and eat my chinnies if they got out, and he got the chance.
The dog would love to take them in her mouth, and show them off. She's a retriver, and that thing whith picking things up, is something she loves. As long as the animal dosen't move, no problem, but if the animal moves, she might bite and kill it.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo

Tags
male cat