Chinchilla coming our way - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Thinking About Nothing But My Buns!

Smile Chinchilla coming our way

My hubby is a teacher at a local high school. One of his co-workers is a biology teacher and she has many pets at the school. One of which is a male Chinchilla. His name is Mystical. Kevin describes him as a purple like color. So I am assuming he is a velvet. She knew that Kevin & I had chinchillas and asked Kevin if he would take Mystical. Her husband hates him and will not allow her to bring him home. So I guess you could say that we are saving him. I don't know that we will be able to keep him either. I am affraid that we will get too attached. He would only be able to stay in the basement and we also have the bunnies down there. Also, the cat and dog sleep down there at night. Mystical arrives at our home tomarrow. I am hoping we will be able to make room for him up in the house somewhere. I will post pictures of him once we get him. I may be asking if you know of anyone that may want to buy him. We will see!!! Kinda excited to get him, but at the same time, I know how I am. I fall in love with these little fur balls and cannot let them go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Add your Rabbitry to my Breeder Listing!!
Just come to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
site and email me with your information!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

You probably will get attached! Congratulations on your new addition!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Proud New Mommy

Congrats!!

Yepp- You know how you are! I bet he's a doll..

Is he tame?

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

He was pretty much raised in a class room. So is very use to people. He was alway in the care of honor students. They cared for him on holidays and such. Mystical was very much loved by all the students. So he is very tame. Kevin said that he is the sweetest chin. I just don't know where to put him. I don't know how clean he is. I don't know if I can put him in the basement with my bunnies. Plus, the dog and cat stay in the basement at night. When we got the mini rex bunnies my cat tried to get to them. Thumper did his thing, thumping very loudly, and the cat will not step foot near the bunnies. I have no worry about the bunnies. The dog is a big teddy he does not even look their way. But with the chin, I fear that he will stress. So, I have no idea where to put him. Oh Well, we will figure that one out. With my new house, I am affraid that he will pee on the carpet in the bedroom. The only other option is the livingroom. That room is all hardwood floor. Any suggestions?

Just come to the

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Dont you have chinchillas at home? Or am I thinking of someone else?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

I did have 4 chins. Very long story on why I don't have them now. But we now have another one. My hubby the softy brought him home today. Here is his picture. He is so sweet. He brought him home in a really small cage. It is 18 X 20. Too small. We still have the cages we had for our chins, so Mystical will be in Chin heaven. Here he is.

Just come to the

Last edited by Jabbermama; 01-07-2006 at 10:37 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awwww! He is precious!

Tags
mini rex