chinchilla food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

chinchilla food

I was curious on opinions of what everyone uses, and why? i use mazuri but im thinking about switching to purina advanced nutrition rabbit show food. ive done some research, and it seems that everything i find seems to compare it to oxbow which im finding is currently the best on the market?? IDK what to think. i know mazuri is a perfectly good food, but if the advanced nutrition is better i want to switch.

**sorry if i misspelled anything, my preggo horomones are throwing me off!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

I used to use mazuri, but decided to instead use purina advanced nutrition rabbit because it was a recommended good food for chins, and I can buy it in bulk locally, so it is so much cheaper. Near me, Mazuri comes in only a small bag and costs around $9 a bag.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I believe purina offers good chin (rabbit) feed. Another feed some use is Mana Pro Show Rabbit.

I use ADM Pen Pals professional show rabbit 18% and have been for 8 years. It's a good feed if you can get it fresh in your area. I know folks in Oklahoma who use it so you may be able to get it in Texas. Here is their web site: http://www.admani.com/AllianceRabbit/ProRabbit18.htm
You can search to find a dealer close to you.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
chinchilla breeder

I use Nutrina Rabbit and have been very happy with the results

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM

I use oxbow Chinchilla deluxe, that's what the rescue in New Orleans feed them and I rather not switch and risk upsetting their digestive tract.

Tags
mazuri, purina advanced nutrition