Chinchilla fur and rap music. - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaughan View Post
Well, hun, I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's not exactly true.

Millions of small animals like rabbits, voles, snakes, and birds are killed each year by the combines used to harvest things like wheat and soy. So not eating meat does not eliminate animal deaths, and I'm sure those deaths are not even close to humane.

Don't get me wrong, I don't eat meat either, but I do it for personal preference and the idea of the overall environmental benefit that would come with decreased meat consumption.

Never really thought of that...
But I guess nothing can be completly perfect... We cant completly eliminate animal deaths, cuz there are always gonna be animals that are hit be cars (or combines) and other things, but we can try our best to keep others alive.

Chinchi~ Its not as easy around here to find farms that acually treat their animals right... I know its already been siad a buzzillion times, but its true! Recently there was a bunch of stuff on the news about some horribly mistreated cows that where going to be killed and their meat was going to be sent to schools... both their back legs where broken/extremly deformed and the couldnt even walk out of the trailor... And when they woulndt move, people jabbed them with poles, put chains around their ankles and dragged them out. Livestalk in the US is not treated humanly...
Im fine with it tho if other people want to eat meat. Its a personal choice, and I have no right to bash people that do.
Your lucky that animals are treated so well where you live.

Once again just stating my opinion. Im not trying to offend anyone or anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

That sounds awful
I didn't know it was that bad over there

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 03:06 PM
is a little "special"

Yeah, And the sad part is, most people are just completly unaware of what happens to their "food". Fur farms and the way the aniamls are killed are even worse.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Hello Earthling

Wearing fur isn't right, its like a dog or a chinchilla or cow walking around wears a human skin coat.Leather isn't as bad if the animal was killed for food and not just skin, although I still wouldn't wear it.

The thing about fur farms is the way the animals are treated.Some fur farms keep the animals out side all year on wire that cuts into their feet, with no protection from harsh weather.The way they are killed is also disturbing.I was researching chinchillas a few years back and came across a video of a chinchilla fur farm.The animals were kept in cages so small they couldn't not turn around,so the could not ruin their fur by chewing or scratching.They were killed by having their neck snapped or electrocution.
I am against any fur farm because I don;t believe that we should still be wearing fur when we have the technology and skill to make material that is just as nice and even warmer.
I don't believe that anyone could say that where they are from or whatever region,place,or country that the animals are treated so well there if they do not have solid proof of that or have personally been to a fur farm and seen with their own eyes. And this is not to be rude its just what I think.

I didn't a project last year on the history on the History of the Canadian fur trade, so I have seen my fair share of videos of how its done and I've read about it numerous times.My mom as 2 fur coats -one is mink the other is fake- I can't even touch that coat or anything because I hate it so much- and my mom knows that but yet she will still wear it,which really makes me mad even though I have shown her what happens to these animals,but at least its not like the HUGE coats you see the fancy rich people wearing because they think its stylish or whatever.I just really think fur is to be on animals not people!!

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 PM

CanadiaCritter:
It is fine that you have this opinion, but the way I read your post, you are saying that I don't know how the animals on furfarms in denmark is treated, and this is just not right... I have all my facts straight about danish furfarms, and this is why I don't mind fur at all, as long as they are treated right.
I don't mind reserch animals either, because we treat the animals right in denmark (did a larg project on this a few years back).
So please don't tell me that I don't know how the animals are treated. I could give you some proofe, but you don't understand danish...

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Hello Earthling

Chinchi- I wasn't directing that at you I think I worded that wrong, I was talking about people who go around wearing all their fur and saying 'the animal was well treated' when they don't even know what goes on in those places.

I apologize if you thought that was directed at you.

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM

No, I should apologize ^_^
I was not sure about who you directed it at, so I just answered.
But I think we agree on this subject. You shouldn't support things that dosen't treat the animals right. And it's just plain stupid to run around saying how good tha animals are treated, if you are not sure if this is true...

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 08:48 PM

to me what's worse than rappers singing about it is when people who are supposed to be fashion icons (j lo for one) who wear them. it seems to me that recently i have seen a few in movies as well. those are so much worse because the poor babies have actually died, it's not just an idea.
in college i wrote a paper on the fur industry's inhumanity. the favorite way of the fur industry to kill them is by anal electrocution. apparently it is the least damaging to the fur. someone needs to give the high ups in the fur industry a taste of how it feels.

Tags
teddy bear