chinchilla hiccups - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

chinchilla hiccups

ok are hiccups common in Chins? I have head one do it before, but Munchkin has gotten them 2x this week. He seems totaly annoyed by them, which I dont blame him I hate when I get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Part of the Pack

I don't think my chins have ever had hiccups. I imagine it's cute though!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chilla, our female

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Male chins are known to hiccup after mating.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 05:35 PM

Yesh *hic* shore.....Chinchilla's *hic* hiccuping.....heeeheeeheee
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 11:50 AM

Our chin got the hiccups once after drinking too fast after a long run on the wheel.

We were worried at first, but its hard to stay qworried when laughing so hard. He was fine after a couple of minutes...but yes, it was unbelieveably cute.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Playful Pup

I havn't seen any of my chins get the hiccups... but our prairie dogs get them. its really cute but awful at the same time...I know I hate gettin' them and it's awful they have to as well!
but it is kinda funny to see waddle-hiccup-waddle-hiccup-hiccup-waddle-waddle-huccup....our poor hiccupin' babies.

~Heather~

Once A Cowboy... Always A Cowboy...

slowly one-by-one the chinchillas steal my sanity
And The Sugar Glider Helps Them!

"Thoes that have the ability to act, Have the Responsibility to act."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Newborn Pup

when i was going to bed i heard an unfamilar noise come from pixie colasis's cage and i got very worried.... it sounded like crying.... then when i listened more carefully it was spuratic like hiccups... when i looked it up it said that it could KILL HIM!!!!! i dont know what to do if its not important i dont want to worry but i cant let him die .... early in the year (april) i ofund what appeared to be bumblefoot i got it treated by a doctor and he gave us an oral medication... i heard that hiccups can be caused by improper force feeding that water gets in the lungs and they.... what do i do??????

???????????
eek!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Newborn Pup

i took my chinchilla to the local vet.... the hiccups had only gotten worse and the breathing was more shallow and he sounded like he was barly breathing.... it appeared he hadnt eatin much, the list of worrysome symptoms go on.

the vet didnt know what was wrong so so they gave pixie an x ray and found nothing. ... they did what i think is considered surgery and found postuals in this throught...... and right now he is going to get an antibiotic and thats all i know right now....

(but they still dont know whats wrong)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

awww. poor baby. im hoping for a full recovery for your chinny. stay strong for your little guy.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Newborn Pup

alfie, thank you .... he is much better now eagerly awaiting his daily treat.

(smiley face)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Newborn Pup

hi,
Pixie, died on thanksgiving, he was only 5 years old...... he was taking his medication daily and was seeming better. He was chipper and happy and i thought he was fine. but now im not so sure..... he would not eat any of his pellets only treats.... only dried fruit..... and he was overly thirsty.... he would drink up to.5 liters a day............

i belive he never got over the postuals in his throught.

Tags
prairie dog, prairie dogs