Chinchilla Nutrition - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Chinchilla Nutrition

I thought some of you might be interested in reading over the Nutrition page that Georga wrote. She is also working on accompanying pages about supplements, treats and other stuff.

The page can be found here.

This link is no longer available but Jade's written a new one located here: http://www.paw-talk.net/index.php?page=chinnutrition

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 01:31 PM
ostrich

I just wanted to thank Georga for all of her research! I know it has been said before, but it never hurts to say it again!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

I agree, Georga has been a Godsend when it comes to the nutritional aspect. In fact, she did such an awesome job on the site that she was contacted not too long ago and asked if it was ok for someone to translate the page into Russian and re-post it!!!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 07:06 PM

Great job Georga!!

~Nancy
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Very good job

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 02:12 PM

Great job Georga.
Do you mind if I post a link on my site?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Go right ahead - that goes for everyone!! The more people who get the info out the better!!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 04:03 PM

Unhappy I'm sorry

I go to a chinchilla mailgroup, and I suggested that someone who was feeding thier chin Charlie Chinchilla read that page (I recommend it to everyone) and a bunch of other people jumped in and started criticizing it, and sending emails questioning the information, and Georga to a bunch of people. They also posted the emails they sent out, but erased the names, so I'm not sure who got them, but I wanted to apologize to whoever is now being harassed by these people....I thought I was helping
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

You know, it's so sad that people can be so childish. As far as I know Georga is not being harassed, they would rue the day they messed with her , and any emails I have received have been very positive so it seems they were just full of it. Don't feel bad, you are right in passing on the info - you can't control how childishly others react!!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 04:32 PM

Smile

Thanks, I feel a little better. Some people are so close minded, and I'd venture to say a bit ignorant. I really appreciate when someone gives me good information, and I know that you need to apply your own common sense to what you read (especially on the internet), but it really makes me mad (mad is really mild compared to how I actually feel) that people go out of thier way to discredit everything that might help out someone who has pets, not to mention the pets...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 05:10 PM
GnawtyAngel

Does this article still exist? I'd really like to read it! Thanks!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The article was inadvertently removed when the chin site was taken down. I'm slowly putting together a rather detailed and similar version of it. It should be up within a month or so (hopefully!).

Stephanie

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade
The article was inadvertently removed when the chin site was taken down. I'm slowly putting together a rather detailed and similar version of it. It should be up within a month or so (hopefully!).
I'm so sorry to hear that the article is no longer available - I read it once some time ago and it was quite informative...
I just got back to read it again and found that it's gone
I'm glad to hear that a new article is on the way - I'm really looking forward to reading that one

Kind regards

Bettina

---
http://chin.dk