Chinchilla question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Chinchilla question

My friend used to have a Chinchilla, it was really nice.. we used to beable to pick it up etc.. but then all of a sudden it turned pretty mean.. and started to attatch its self to the cage and pee on you!
i know nothing about Chinchillas why do you think he was doing that?

Shelby,Cojah, and Fuzz-Butt
Along with 7 tiny new members
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, did he get a new cage? New owner? New surroundings?? Did he travel at all? If he did he might just be shaken up over it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well, he came from mexico, but he was fine when we brought him home. No new owners, no new cage.. he lived in her bedroom so that wasnt new, it was a few weeks when he started peeing at you, we take him out everyday, let him hop around. We just couldnt figure out why he started doing it, it got so bad we couldnt take him out, of if we did we had to wear plastic so we wouldnt get peed on..lol he bit sometimes also, and drew blood. we eventually had to get rid of him cause it got so bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sometimes when you pick them up when they arent expecting it, or put up a fight to get him out of a cage, it can tramatize them. From then on, he wont want to come to you.

Or maybe he was sick and got aggressive because of it..

NaTaLiE

Setsuki (std) Coolio (bv) Butters (pw) & Diamond (sap) the chinchillas
Mortimer the cat
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylilac
Sometimes when you pick them up when they arent expecting it, or put up a fight to get him out of a cage, it can tramatize them. From then on, he wont want to come to you.

Or maybe he was sick and got aggressive because of it..
Ditto, that would be my answer too. Something happened to that chin to make him start doing that, they don't just "turn" mean.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i have no clue. it was just wierd. he just started peeing! maybe the daycare kids picked on him or scared him.. i remember that there were 5 kids in the house. thanks guys =)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Newborn Pup

Are you sure he is a he? Our female acted that way near the end of her pregnancy. Now I have what I thought were 3 males together and one of them just delivered a beautiful baby! Maybe your he is a she.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I would check and make sure your male isn't actually a female. Males can rarely stand and spray. It's much more commonly a female issue.
http://members.aol.com/sirchin/chinsex.htm

Stephanie

Tags
males together