chinchilla questions - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixx
Hmmm, true you don't want to rush things. Are you able to put their cage in a room in which you can shut out the cats? A bedroom or bathroom perhaps? If you could set the cage on the ground and leave the door open in a confined supervised area with you in it, they would have a better chance to get to know you. I realise it can be hard with cats (I have 6 myself), but I keep the chins the second bedroom, with the door shut. For the longest time they were in my own room - lived in a one bedroom appartment at the time. You do get used to them, and block out the sounds. I would still suggest seperating them either way & if you split the cage, they are still together.

Where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm here too-I'm checking out a new source of pellets this week. If it works out, I could supply you with them. There is also the option of ordering them online - is that a possibility for you?

As for the weighing. Try to get weights on them, once they are more trusting. Perhaps you could get a size comparison photo? Take a picture of them next to something of recognizable size? (pop can, can of soup...)

Hope this helps!
We live in St.Thomas, Ontario Canada. We could try putting them in our bedroom but we have an older home and half the doors dont shut right lol, but we will try it. Thank you very your advice. Any help right now would help a great deal.
Glenn and Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 09:40 AM

Hi Glenn and Jackie. I responded to a thread that Jade started on my forum about pellets in Ontario (as you probably noticed there are a lot of Canadians over there)...I am assuming that she was asking for you two.

Here are the two sources that I know of...

Ren's Feed & Supplies in Oakville sells Mazuri.
http://www.rensfeed.com/

There are also several vets in ON that sell Oxbow.
http://www.oxbowhay.com (go to Retail Locations and choose Canada)

I hope that helps some. I also posted to your thread on my forum.

BTW Lixx, do you have any information on the new pellet source? I know a lot of ON chin owners would be interested.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Could you put a deadbolt on the door, just to ensure it stays closed?

Candycane, pm sent.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 AM

Thanks Lizz.

Tags
choline chloride, crude fat, crude fiber, crude protein, dust bath, folic acid, hetero ebony, kiln dried, pet store, pet stores, pine shavings, pyridoxine hydrochloride, reputable breeder, social animals, standard gray, timothy hay, wonderful pets