Chinchilla Treats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Chinchilla Treats

Bubba and I (esp. him) want to be able to give Maverick more treat-type things but I don't know what is okay to give him. He jumps at the sight of the plastic baggie of raisins, but I've read not to give them more than two or three of those a week. Is there anything else he can have?

He's also been talking a lot lately - mostly when I'm home alone but last night he let out with a sentence and Bubba about jumped out of his chair He looked at me and said "who was THAT?" and hardly believed me when I told him it was Mav. Is this vocalization a sign of anything specific that I can worry about? I recently moved him to a different location in the house and am going to move him to still another room. . . .do they react to being moved the way birds do? (I have a bird who is happy only in my bedroom - screams like crazy anywhere else).

Thanks guys.

Critter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Fertile Myrtle

You can give him a treat a day. PetsMart has a cool mix that's pineapple, papaya, dried carrots and alfalfa pellets. That will give him some variety and the pineapple and papaya guard against hairballs. Also giving him new things to chew on will help. PetsMart also has some cholla chews that are way cool.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 04:40 PM

I had craisins here for my guy when he came home but he didn't seem to go for them like other chins so i started hunting for something that he would like. I found a article that said toasted bread cubes or plain cheerios. I tried the cheerios and he will do anything for those after just a couple of days he is coming to me,,,, well in all honesty he is coming to the cheerio that i happen to be holding, but hey it is a start. lol.. Just one more critter in my house that sees me as a human vending machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 09:07 PM

Gee that just figures doesn't , when my guys get here i will have to stock up on more junk food for pets then me. Theres cheerios for Triumph, raisins for Harley and Honda, then there is last but not least crickets and mealworms for Sandy and Tango lol. Boy can I get a bag of chips out of this deal.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 09:40 AM

I don't know if you have a Petco near you but they have yogurt covered pineapple, papaya and bananas. The chins love it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 06:32 PM

My chin gets either one of these treats each night; dried bannana chip or 2 small raisons,a small piece of dried apricot,dried papaya or a craison.
My chin got really depressed when I just moved his cage from one end of my room to the other.He hates change LOL.