chinnie food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Question chinnie food

I've noticed that all the recommended chin food suppliers do not supply to the uk. Does anyone know of any available in the uk? I currently use Charlie chin food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 04:07 PM

Are you looking for a specific brand? I assume you were talking about Mazuri and Kline... I think some people in the UK have Mazuri shipped to them (I can only imagine the shipping costs!), but I'll ask around for you and see what other brands people in the Uk have access to.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

thank you for your help. i looked up mazuri on the net and i couldn't find any suppliers who shipped to the uk. are there any other brands that anyone could recommend to me please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Newborn Pup

Hi I found a couple of websites which might help you.

I use Oxbow's Chinchilla Deluxe - and I checked their website (under retail locations) and there are tons of Oxbow dealers in the UK, you might want to check it out.

http://www.robharvey.com/chinchilla.html - sounds alot like Mazuri, maybe you could email and ask if it is? I read on one website that Mazuri Chinchilla Pellets are called Mazuri 501M (perhaps it's a typo on that site).

http://www.littlechinta.co.uk/price_list.htm - sells Chinchilla pellets, but 2 brands I've never heard of.

http://www.chillaquip.freeuk.com/accessory.htm - again another brand I've never heard of.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Newborn Pup

Also - if you really want Kline or Mazuri, ChinWorld (for Mazuri) and Carole Kessler (for Kline) will ship outside of the US. You'd just have to contact them for pricing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

And the shipping will eat you alive! I checked on the Mazuri site and was going to order a 25# bag to have sent here. The cost of the food was just under $12.00. The cost of the shipping is $20.00.

I'm going to have to venture out and get some soon before Camden is living off raisins, hay and oats. I've found the place to go get it - just haven't had the oomph in me to go there yet!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 09:40 PM

Wow, alot of people responded when I asked and they all had the same frustration...Charlie Chinchilla, or some prebagged usually unlabled stuff (makes ya wonder what it really is huh?). If you could afford to have Mazuri or Kline shipped to you I would definetly reccomend it, But I've heard Oxbow is pretty good too. If nothing else, I would definetly pick the treats out of the charlie chinchilla before you give it to your chins, if yours are anything like mine they'll eat all the treats out first!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Kinda like having dessert first!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Tags
chinchilla pellets