Chinnie food makers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Chinnie food makers

Ok. I need some help. I'm trying to find a feed store from which to order Tradition. I'm not having an easy time, AT ALL. I can't find anywhere, though, who makes Mazuri. I was thinking it was Purina but can't remember for sure. Can someone help me out? I'm looking at Mazuri or Tradition cause I want to find something I can actually get. One feed store said they new they could get some kind of chin food but couldn't remember what kind it was. I'll have to ask them and then check its quality.

I swear. Living where there are NO other chinchillas is such a pain sometimes! Between vets and supplies I'm getting a little frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oo! Ooo! I just found one feed store who referred me to another area feed store that's a Hubbard dealer! I may have found a Tradition supplier! Keep your fingers crossed for me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Just for future reference, the Shindig which is August 13th and 14th is in Indiana and if you ask one of the ranchers to bring Tradition, they usually will be more than happy to fulfill that request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks for the tip Denise! It doesn't look like I'll be able to go, though. I have to work--yuck! Oh well. Maybe I'll get there next time.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Will drive for chinnie food

Found food! That Hubbard dealer was able to order a 50 lb bag for me. I'm hoping to be able to fit most or at least some of it in the freezer. It will take my 3 little guys a long time to eat that much food! It was just such a good deal! I've been paying only shipping on the small amounts I need. Last time I sent $10 to get 6 lbs. When the guy on the phone told me $11.50 for 50 lbs I about dropped the phone! I should have looked for someone else a long time ago. I'll have to drive about 1/2 hour to get it, but that's close enough for me!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 02:26 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's great!!! At least you can drive to get yours, we have to have our Mazuri shipped all the way from the states, as my effort to find a distributer here in Italy has failed this far, hmm wonder why?
P.S. btw it is Purina that makes Mazuri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!