Chinnie Pics - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 07:48 PM

they are all adorable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2003, 07:59 PM

awww they are soo cute...
Old 10-18-2003, 03:15 AM

Way CUTE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2003, 07:53 PM

Rylee is a cutie! And he does have big ears.

Here's an off the wall thing. My husband recently bought an exotics magazine, and they had lots of pictures of chins in it. But the chins seemed to have really tiny ears. We though maybe they were adolescents, but then we thought, maybe all the chinnies we've ever had are gifted in the ear department. After all, I have one of Mike's sons (Max) and his grandson (Muad'dib). They have ears like radio dishes. Sometimes I don't know how they hold them up. Has anyone else noticed this odd phenomenon, or maybe there is a lot a variability in ear size.

Anyway, all your chins are beautiful!

Patti
Old 10-19-2003, 10:26 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my Chinnies questions I appreciate it alot!!! I will start doing research on them I love animals I hope to start vet tech school very soon!!!
AngelaT
Old 10-20-2003, 05:35 AM

rylees really cute
Old 10-25-2003, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

"""all the chinnies we've ever had are gifted in the ear department"""

LOL!! Yeah- I think I've notice a little bit!

Anytime, angelaT!! Glad you're getting interested in chinnies..

Anyways- here are some new pics of Destiny and her mate Pimpster.. They are so happy together!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-25-2003, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

And here is just a pic of Destiny

Old 10-25-2003, 10:30 PM

I want to get a chinchilla so bad. I currently have 3 ferrets, 2 rats and a hamster but we are getting rid of one ferret cuz she was kind of just a temporary and our hamster is really really really really old so I'd kind of like to get another animal. Chinnies looks so adorable. Are they really friendly? Can you let them free roam like a ferret? Would they get along with my ferrets?? How much do they cost to buy? Do they eat special food? What kind of litter? What size cage?? Oh man, I have so many questions, I want to learn EVERYTHING before I get one
Old 10-25-2003, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Yes, chins are friendly but dont expect them all to cuddle. We have one out of five that likes to cuddle. You can let them run about but only after you chin proof a room. They will only pee in their bedding but they will poop everywhere. I think Jade has a chin proofing article on her webpage and if not I'll have one up on my site soon. The question about would they get along with ferrets is a touchy one. It depends on those two specific animals. You cant house them togeth because they require different needs but they could play together! Their prices are based on their color and background. They range from about $80 to the end of your banking account. Yes, they do need special food, and I would recommend 'Mazuri' Chinchilla Diet and it cost about $25 for a 25 lb. To make it simple and short Kiln Dryed Pine works the best and its relatively inexpensive but there is a variety of different bedding choices; no cedar, it causes respiratory problems in all small mammals. The smallest possible cage is 2ft x 2ft x 2ft but thats awful for a perminit home. I reccomend around 3ft wide x 2ft deep x 3ft high. Our cages are about
3ft x 2ft x 5ft and they still get exercise by running free in the hallway. Im glad your interested in chinchillas. They're cool. There are alot of good websites out there and Im working on getting mine up. If your not sure about something, dont hesitate
to ask any questions!! Do some research on them. They are fun to learn about.

Tags
farm animals, vet tech