Chinnie shows - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Chinnie shows

This may be a stupid question, but I'm curious. I'd like to go to a show just to check it out, but how do people know where/when they are? I've looked for a schedule or list or something online but can't find one. Can someone help me out? Do people even go to shows just for fun? Just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Actually there is the Shindig coming up in Indiana in August...It's not an actual show, but a lot of big breeders and ranchers will be there. It's supposed to be a lot of fun and you can even bring some chins to get opinions from the "big boys" on them! I believe there will be some for sale as well. This is sponsored through the MCBA. I don't know about the ECBC shows since they are usually on the west coast. Check out the MCBA site for more info at http://www.mutationchinchillas.com/ . The next show I'm planning on attending is the new SouthEast Chapter show in November (I have kits due in August so I want to be here) I hope this helps!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Part of the Pack

Who are the "big boys" ? (help the new girl have a clue)

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Correct me if I'm wrong. Jenn, I think the big boys are the big breeders who breed consistent show winners. They are the ones who really know their stuff.
Thanks for the info, Mandie! I looked on that site, though, and cannot find anything about upcoming events/shows. Where is that chindig in Indiana located? Indianapolis? Can people go just to see what it's like?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Part of the Pack

Yes, lol I figured that but I guess I should be more specific, I was looking for the names of these "big boys" . It's always good to emulate success and learn from people who have more experience, being somewhat new to the chin "scene" I'm just trying to find my way around. Thanks.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

Seeing as this is a good post, I was wondering myself....have there ever been any chinchilla shows in Wisconsin? I see that they have many on the west coast, and sometimes even on the east coast....some midwest, etc.

But what about Wisconsin??

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

The closest shows to Wisconsin are in Indiana...Auburn to be specific...Nationals are held there every year. The big boys consist of Jags Chinchillas, Becky's Chinchillas, Ryersons, Ritterspach, Ouderkirks, Shoots and others...I'm not sure if Shoots will be there, but everyone else should be.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh wow. Auburn is really far away from me. Well, not far like across the country, but far away from me in Indiana. I may think about going anyway, though, just so that I can scope (sp? maybe it just looks funny) it all out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

There is usually a claiming show in Oct as well. It is held in OH I believe. I'll ask the Ryersons and get back to you.

I consider the big wigs to be any of the large ranchers. In addition to those Mandi mentioned you also have Somavia, PSK, and several others on the west coast. Some do attend mcba functions when they can.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted