Chinnie Toys???? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Chinnie Toys????

So, ive neglected my poor chinnies these past two weeks while i was busy with finals for college. and they are totally pissed at me! =( I want to give them something new to chew and play with. They have tons of toys already, but i was just wondering what kind of toys you guys gave your chins to play with... maybe youll have something i never thought of. plus its almost xmas and their small pile could use a few more toys =)

any ideas would be awesome!!
thanks!

also hamster toys too! (shes fat so toilet paper tubes dont work for her to run through haha)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

I have a bin of toys...

They have toilet paper and paper towel rolls, they get shoes boxes or anything cardboard that doesn't have stuff ontop of it. They have hammocks in their cages, the little things that hang and have the wood chunks on them. They have wood huts to hide in and chew on. My babies have a slide in their cage and a tube to hide in. They have chew toys galore, lots of levels and hay. I try to buy anything wood and chewable for my chinnies! But you can find house stuff too like paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls my babies love them. They get very excited when they get one.

Good luck!

Chinnie Mom and Grandmom to
Hailey & Lil' Mr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Henry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Abbi
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I got my chinnies some carpet roll tubes and have hung them at low level (to prevent accidents) and they love them plus they are free from most carpet shops so a great bonus Also got tons of wooden chews hanging at various points in the cage, they have hammocks, soft tunnels, leap ledges had a flying saucer wheel but neither had any real interest so the degus have that now

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

yeah ive given them tubes, hanging wood toys, hay, wood blocks. the usual. but ill try some different stuff in their cage. most of the big toys they get when they come out in the room. =)
a slide huh... thats a neat idea lol
thanks guys i guess ill just keep on the lookout
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Newborn Pup

when my chins are mad at me, I give them a little treat and a new house to jump around outside of the cage, and they usually forgive me, sometimes I have to buy them dandelion drops or peach wood (love it). Your chins will be happy with you again dont worry.

Matt
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

I do know I buy a lot of Ferret things for my babies as long as they are chin-edible or safe. I know a lot of the slides and attachments in their cages are ferret nation items, they even have a very large ferret cage. IF your chinnies are plastic chompers I don't recommend anything not made of untreated wood. My chinnies don't chew on plastic so they have a lot of plastic items in the cage and tons of wood to chomp on.

Perhaps build them a cage?? I know a lot of people make their own and use pvc pipe, they cover with fleece and have awesome homes for their babies..and with tons of room you will definately have happy chinchillas!!!

Chinnie Mom and Grandmom to
Hailey & Lil' Mr.
Henry
& Abbi

Tags
chew toy, chew toys, pet shop, pet shops