Could use some advice. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Could use some advice.

I have had an Ecotrition Snack Shack in my Chinchillas cage, and she LOVES it. I have seen mixed things about these shacks pop up all over the net. Some sites say they are COMPLETELY safe, other say not so much. The people at the pet store assured me that she will be fine. It's hard to decide what advice is actually GOOD advice. I have taken the shack out of her cage (she is NOT impressed with me, neither is my hubby, he loves watching her play around in it.) I am hoping that feedback from here will help me make a decision.

Thanks in advance
Brianna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

If I remember correctly, those are held together using honey or something, right? I think the worry is that they'll ingest too much sugar. If she's just playing in it I don't see a problem but you don't want her eating it.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Yeah, the 2 main ingriedients are alfalfa and honey. She LOVES sleeping in it, she does chew it though. So I took it out of her cage and bought a new plain ol wood house. Thing is she won't sleep inside the new one, she sleeps on top of it, beside it, behind it....but not in it. Ah well, at least this one won't hurt her. lol.
Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
chinchilla breeder

they are very high in sugar and unsafe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

She didn't really eat it, there are a few chew marks, but it's gone now.
Thank you

Tags
ecotrition