Cute Story.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Cute Story....

I have pretty long days with classes and work and my boyfriend is a partial stay at homer. Well yesterday was a long day and I got home around 6pm and picked up my boyfriend to go grocery shopping and then we headed back home. After unloaded way too many bags, he noticed chinny poops all over the bed. The chinnies have their own room and we all know that poops get everywhere...but I have never had them in rooms other than the chin room. So, I giggled a little and went to the bedroom and there was poops EVERYWHERE! So, I went to the cages and did a head count and my big boy was missing! He is well trained with the jingle of a treat container so I grabbed it and went into my bedroom and shook it and in seconds he was at my feet trying to climb me to get a raisin.

I forgot to latch the top of their cage and he is so big that he opens it just from standing. We laughed and he was returned safely to his home. Does anyone else have a funny escape story????

Chinnie Mom and Grandmom to
Hailey & Lil' Mr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Henry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Abbi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

My hammy escaped a little while ago and i turned the whole house upside down! She was nowhere to be seen so i figured the cat must have got her or she had got outside and was gone forever..................3 weeks passed(nearly 4) and i was at my front door saying bye to my dad when i looked down at my passionfruit bush and low and behold there was my hammy all bright eyed and looking totally unscaved! I tried to catch her but she ran down a hole at the side of my house so i had to get my son's wellington boot put some food in the bottom lie it on its side with a trail of food coming out and wait til she went in to be able to catch her! She is now safely back in her cage and hasnt escaped again!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Flunky Emuhead

Haha, I did a similar thing just the other night!
I got home and was exhausted, so I fed my pets and went to bed. A few minutes after I turned out the light, I hear a "thump". Too lazy to turn on the light, I looked around and saw nothing. I went back to sleep. About an hour after that, I woke up to degu chirping... so this time I turned on the light, and found that I had left the cage door wide open!!!! And low and behold, I had a missing goo.. (at least the other two stayed in) It took me forever to find her because she didn't make any noise. I was worried that she might have injured herself, it's a long fall. I'm used to finding gerbils in the night scurrying around, they make quite a racket. Any ways, I woke up my brother, and it took the two of us 30 mins to find her, and another 45 mins to catch her and get her home. (it's hard to get small critters out from under dressers, especially when they don't want to move.) It was really weird tho, because the degu who likes to come out when I give them out of cage time (it's optional) stayed in, and the one who NEVER comes out, was the one who escaped ????

2 happy doggies Luke and Hank

2 Kittehs, Smudge and Phoebe aka Noodle

1 Guinea pig , Radar

1 Hedgie, Newman

3 Degus, Jodi, Wanda, and Mel

1 lovely beta fish "Ian"

Edward the gerbil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

HAHA. Love it! I had a hampster when I was younger who was too smart for his own good. He would push his little food dish across the cage and under the wheel so it would not move and then climb the wheel and escape. Pets are the best! Especially chinny chin chins! Well, the ones who cannot live without their treats.

Chinnie Mom and Grandmom to
Hailey & Lil' Mr.
Henry
& Abbi
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

I know theyre not chinnies but my rats escaped once and came up to my room to find me. I woke up to a rat on my face, lol at about 3 in the morning!

Vixen

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails

Tags
chin room