Diets Affect on Chinchilla Life Span - Survey - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Diets Affect on Chinchilla Life Span - Survey

Diets Affect on Chinchilla Life Span

"My name is Anna McDermott, and I am a student at the University of Idaho. I am currently collecting data for a study on Chinchillas; namely, how their diet affects their average life span. To do this I need data on a large demographic of chins this is where you can help. Please fill out the following information regarding each of the chinchillas you have raised (cut and paste a new list of categories for each animal) and send the finished survey to [email protected] Your participation is greatly appreciated: All who participate will receive an e-mail copy of the findings, if they so wish.

Name: (for tracking purposes)

Diet by category:

Hay: (average quantity per week)

Pellet food: (average quantity per week)

Raisins: (average quantity per week)

Other snacks: (specify)

Cause of death, if deceased:

**I hope everyone will take a moment and fill out the survey for Anna. I think the finding will be very interesting to us all!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 05:59 PM

What are the diet catagories?

I certainly would like to help. I don't know how much help as a group we will be though, because most of us have young (realitively) chinchillas and the only chinchilla I've lost was to a rather unnatural accident.

Speaking of old chins, how old is Fivel now? Was he 3 when you guys got Karma and Kinjin? So is he like 5 now?
Patti
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

It's an individual survey - I filled it out and emailed it to her, I figure every little bit helps. I no longer have Fivel and was never sure of his age - I think he was about a year or so older than the girls.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|