Discharge - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Discharge

Chinchilla asked me to post this for her last night but I didn't get the PM til now:

Molly (chinchilla) Has some kind of vaginal discharge/plug. it is the color of her droppings. For those who don't know, she has a pelvic hernia but the vet said it is not constricted and to keep an eye on it. Could this be tied in with the discharge???? I keep thinking uterine infection but I have no idea how to be sure. maybe uterine hernia and infection???? It's 9:30 pm and she is just sitting there. she doesn't look uncomfortable though. she is eating and drinking. I'm going to call my vet first thing in the morning unless someone says it's an emergancy.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:54 AM

Sounds like an infection to me. It might not be, but sure does sound that way. The vet is a good idea.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:02 PM

I am so sorry to here about Molly I hope that she will be ok.My thoughts and prayers are with you chinchilla and Molly.Take care Flemish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 10:00 PM

I am using the computer at OMSI to post. We took her to the vet, it is a major uterine infection. She is schedualed to be spayed on Monday. While they are in there, they are going to take care of her hernia problem. They said I get to watch the operation. As an added bonus, there will be two sugar glider spays that I get to watch as well. Wish us luck.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 10:22 PM

Good luck to both you and Molly.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 02:56 PM

She's not critical and is eating and drinking fine. She is on antibiotics and they want to give them time to help cut back on the infection as much as possible. I guess it is not very easy to operate when there is an infection involved.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 04:54 PM
Nicole

I too was wondering why the wait! When I worked at a vet clinic if any animal came in wiht an infection int he uterus (pyometra) you want to spay ASAP! I lost a chin to this too and I caught it early. Good luck!

Tags
sugar glider, vet clinic