Do you have a "special one" or a "problem child"? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Dana

Do you have a "special one" or a "problem child"?

I know we love all our critters. But do you have one Chinnie that is "Extra Special" to you? One that is extra friendly to you, or likes to play games with you etc.
And on the flip side, do you have one that you would consider sort of a "problem child"? Like one that's not friendly to you, bites or sprays you etc.

My special one is Zekie. He is extremely attatched to me and loves to play with me. He's my little "Mama's Boy". Sometimes I think I can read his mind.

My "problem child" would have to be Athena. She can be very pushy, doesn't like to be held, and she bites sometimes. She doesn't draw blood or anything, she just nips. She can be very sweet when she wants to be, and sooo silly. I love her, but she's just not as friendly as I would like her to be.

So does anyone else have a special one or problem child? Just curious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:58 PM

Mumruff is my special chinnie, she loves all over any one of us here. Marco on the other hand is diffently my PROBLEM child, to get him out to dust bath we have to use the bath container. We CAN NOT touch him in any way. Changing his cage wil get your hand bit off but when treat time comes he is so gentle to take it.

Hmmm Is Athena preggers?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Elvis is now my Special one after all we've gone through. Geri comes a close second -- she's immediately out on my shoulder when I open the cage.

Kiz used to be my problem chinnie, simply because she was shy, but since having the babies she's a LOT more social. So that leaves Audi as the 'problem' chin, but she's not really a problem. She'll just spray if I try to get her out when she doesn't want to. Otherwise she's a sweetie. I just haven't had as much time to socialize her as I have the others!

Oh, btw! Christi, Audi's up to 597!!! She's gonna be huge!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:14 PM

Both my boys are special. Max likes a good belly scratch and exploring. Muad'dib has an inquisitive personality and charm. Actually, they both managed to get Mike's charm (Max is Mike and Alice's son) with a bit more brains.

Maureen is my problem child. I got her when he was 12 weeks old. She was missing fur from when her momma pulled it out. She has had 2 grand mal seizures in her life and had to have a hind leg amputated. (I'm guessing she's cost me about $2,000-$2,500 in vet bills. I've just stopped counting as I'm sure you have Jade.) She is also rather picky about cage partners beating those whom she did not like into submission. Through it all, I respect her greatly. She has a zest for life and she is a much better mother to Muad'dib that he chinnie momma ever was to her( although her pregnancy was a surprise) . Oddly, despite all the drama, I think she is my favorite.

Patti

P.s. Go Audi go! You will be a great mommy chin someday!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Dozer is my first chinnie and also my special guy. He loves to play. But, if he's having floor time and I'm holding my guinea pig at the same time he always comes over and tries to attack the pig. Either he's being protective or extremely jealous.

Fred is the problem child. He HATES being held and barks at me any time I reach in to pet him or when it's his turn to be out. When it's time to go back in the cage it takes forever to catch him to get him back in. I try not to chase him and make him more nervous, but sometimes it just has to be done.

My girls, Jewel and Wilma, are little sweeties, but they're also difficult to get back into the cage.

Rhonda

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I love all my chins about the same until Wink had the 3 girls and the smallest one I named Angel is my special one.I hand fed her and I always made alittle noise to let her know she was safe in my hands.Now when I go to their cage she will make alittle noise when I hold her close to me.

My problem child is Savannah she has this little thing about peeing on me if I try to touch her.She will jump up and pee all over me.She had stopped for awhile but then started doing it again.I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Fertile Myrtle

Obi is definitely my special chinnie - we've been through a lot together and he's the sweetest.

I'd have to say Karma is my problem child - she hates to be held, she never bites but she'll scream at me! lol

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 04:41 PM

Nicodemus is my sweetheart, I can hold and cuddle him...all of my fur farm chins are pretty sweet though. My problem child is definetly Lucas. I get so frustrated with him, he tears his cage up everynight while we're trying to sleep and flings his waterbottle across the room no less than twice a day. He doesn't bite thankfully, but he's such a turd unless daddy's petting him

Tags
dust bath, guinea pig