Dust Bath-How often? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Dust Bath-How often?

How often do you give your chinnies dust baths? Which brand of dust do you use?

I give my chinnies dust baths atleast 3 times a week, I use blue cloud (I would rather use blue sparkle) and white fullers earth mixed half and half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I give mine baths about every 3 days, or when they look like they need it. I prefer Blue Sparkle as well but am currently mixing the fuller's earth and blue cloud also.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 08:38 PM
PitterPatter

I give mine a bath 5 times a week right now because the humidity is really high with all of this rain! However in the summer, if they get a bath more than once a week, their coats are dried out.

I switched from blue cloud to blue sparkle, and I must say I like the blue sparkle better. I also put a tiny amount of desenex in the dust to make sure I don't get fungus! Ahhh the great wonders of Seattle weather in spokane! lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Mine get a dust bath every 2 days.I use Blue cloud mostly but Sassy was kind enough to give me some of her white fuller's earth to mix with my blue cloud

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 12:28 PM

Mine get a bath every 3-4 days depending on the need. Usually about 2 times a week at the least. I use blue sparkle and I like it a lot.

Tags
dust bath, dust baths