Elvis - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Elvis

I'm taking Elvis to be neutered on Wednesday. I think after he's healed and starts 'shooting blanks' I'm going to put him in with Geri, my pet store sweetie. He's just too easily stressed for me to comfortably breed him again.

For now I'm going to pair Kiz up with Audi after the babies are weaned until Audi's old enough to be bred, which won't be until January or so. Audi's already up past 515 grams, she's going to be a beautiful mom!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:46 PM

Aww poor Elvis! Will you call "it" Elvette now? LOL
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm telling him you said that, Dena!!!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:49 PM

Incidentally, even when he's 'shooting blanks' he's still going to want to occasionally hump something. (Max and Muad'dib are humping fools some days leaving Maureen not choice but to occasionally hump them back.) I found this to be kind of ironic. They either don't know or don't care that they are sterile. They just carry on.

Good luck with the neuter. I'm sure things will go fine, but I'll put Elvis in my prayers.

Patti
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I figured!! He took quite a liking to my slippers at 4 months old!!

Thanks Patti, you may want to add ME in there too -- I'm a nervous wreck!!

Stephanie

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 07:20 PM

Oh poor Elvis, let us know how he is doing afterwards.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 07:27 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I hope he does well with his surgery. to you both

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 11:01 PM

Good Luck with the neauturing.(I will pray for you too, you are acting so nervous are you sure you are not being neutured?)
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Proud New Mommy

aww cant wait till he feels all better and is with (well.... my little love bug, geri )

good luck

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

*biting my acrylic nails* Agh!! I dropped him off at 8:30 this morning. I asked the nurse to call me here at work when he was out of the anaesthesia (sp?) but I don't know when they're doing the surgery. Grr. I can go pick him up when I get off work and bring him home with me though, so that's a positive.
Quote:
.(I will pray for you too, you are acting so nervous are you sure you are not being neutured?)
Umm .... YES. I highly doubt that will happen, Capn! Thanks for the thoughts though!

Yes, I'm a nervous wreck. I'll be sure and keep you all updated!!

Stephanie

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:09 AM

Jade
Do you know what kind of anesthesia they will be using? How long will the recovery be?

I will be keeping Elvis and you in my thoguhts today, let us know how it goes.

(I know you are in need of a hug right now)
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Of course I know!! I questioned the poor tech to death!! They're using Isoflourane ... they didn't have Sevoflourane like Becki suggested so I went ahead with the Iso.

The doctor said he'll be active tonight and should be back to normal in a day or so. They said I don't even need to keep him in the carrier -- I can put him back in his cage.

Thanks Sassy, I'm freaking. That's my baby!!

Stephanie

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 11:36 AM

I hope it goes well! Give him lots of love from all of us here!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I will!! Thanks!

I felt so bad last night. I had to pull his food out at 8pm since they are putting him under. He was FURIOUS!! He literally was shaking the door of his cage.

Stephanie

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

ROAAAAAAAAR!!!!

I just called the office and talked to a nurse because I haven't heard anything. He is an AFTERNOON surgery!! I want to know WHY I took him in at 8:30 this morning then!! He would've been ten times less stressed if left in his home environment until just before the surgery!! That's why I'm neutering him in the first place -- he's too easily stressed!

I'm going outside to scream, be right back.

Stephanie

Tags
pet store, vet tech