Elvis is breaking my heart! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Elvis is breaking my heart!

Elvis has been pretty depressed since Geri's been gone. He wouldn't even come out for playtime Saturday night, even though his cage was left open and he had free run of the room. I think he's lonely, the poor guy. I'm trying to spend more time with him but I'm not sure how much it's helping.

Sooo, I decided to get him a new 'girlfriend' so he won't be alone. Hopefully it'll help, though it'll be several weeks before they can meet since she'll be in quarantine. Cross your fingers.

She's a little het. beige girl born 11/30/05 and I'll post pics of her as soon as I get some from her breeder or when she comes home, whichever comes first. Bittersweet as it is, I'm very excited. The last new chin I got was Pecan which was November 2004, so it's been a while! I can't wait to see her!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Wow it has been awhile since you got a new chin! I hope Elvis likes her!

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Do you guys think it'd be too cheesy to call her Priscilla?

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Congratulations on the new baby! And LOL on the name! You can call her whatever you want

Dimaris

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww congratulations, love the name too i think you should call her what you feel is right, can't wait to see some pictures of her

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Congrats on the new addition. Can't wait to see her. I think the name fits.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:51 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I don't think it's cheesy at alll, I love it!!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I Heart My Job

I think that would be a cute name. Congrats on the new chin and I hope that Elvis takes to her. The poor guy. Give him some extra cuddles from me in the meantime.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Part of the Pack

Aww poor little guy! I hope he feels better once he gets a friend It's great to watch chinnies play with friends

I love beige chinnies I keep trying to get my hubby to let me get one I think Priscilla would be a very cute name Are you planning on breeding the two?

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Aww Steph bless your heart!

No I don't think it is cheesy at all! I think the name is perfect!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy
Aww poor little guy! I hope he feels better once he gets a friend It's great to watch chinnies play with friends

I love beige chinnies I keep trying to get my hubby to let me get one I think Priscilla would be a very cute name Are you planning on breeding the two?
Elvis is neutered, so definitely not him.

She's coming from a well known, reputable breeder though so I'm not completely ruling it out in the future for her but it really depends on how well she and Elvis bond. I'm totally ok with not breeding her.

Thanks all! I originally was going to go with a rescue but there weren't any within driving distance from me and the other one I was looking at had a mother who had teeth problems like Geri and I just don't want to risk going through that again.

Stephanie

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Poor Elvis. Give him lots of love for me, k?

I know when I lost Sneakers, Zesty was lost for a long while. She'd constantly look at his cage. Just broke my heart.

I hope this new little one heals both Elvis' heart and yours Steph.

Karen

[

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I love the name!! I can't wait to see pics and I hope Elvis loves her as much as he did Geri.

Rhonda

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I think they'll do well together

*Missy*
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I'm so sorry about poor little Elvis.

I hope that this new chin brings him some happiness. I think that name is cute, btw.

Tags
reputable breeder