Elvis got the okay for a dustbath!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Elvis got the okay for a dustbath!!!

FINALLY!!!

I just talked to his doctor ... she removed the sutures last night and put a surgical sealant over the areas so he wouldn't mess with them, but they had healed wonderfully!! I called and asked for an ETA on a dustbath and she said to go ahead! The surgery site is healed and he doesn't have any more open areas so she said she didn't see why not!

He is going to LOVE his Doc now! Every time we let him down, he'll find a corner with a bit of natural dust in it. He'll dig and rub his face in the carpet, trying to get all that he can! It's so sad to see him do it!!! Now I get to watch him get his first bath in over a month! Wahoo!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 03:47 PM

aww Lucky Elvis! ia m so glad he is doing better.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Princess in Waiting

The funny vision you see in your mind is me doing a hobbling happy dance with my cane!

I'm so glad he has come through his long ordeal. Please whisper to him that I understand all the pain.

I just took a shower and it has wiped me out - so look for a tired chin when he gets through bathing!!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

*bursting out laughing* Aww, Critter!!

I'll definitely tell him you sympathize, and I'll be sure to get pics tonight as well.

Stephanie

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:51 PM

Awww....

Now, see... everyone should be allowed to roll around in dirt now and then. It's too much fun!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 07:56 PM

cute mental images abound on this post. Glad to hear Elvis finally gets to take a dust bath. It is also good to hear that Critter finally got to take a shower. I took a water bath this morning and relished it. Before long I will have difficult getting in and out, but hopefully I won't have to give them up. I am being very careful concerning the water temp.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 08:02 PM

Good, I am glad that he is feeling a lot better! Good luck!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

OMG!!

LOL! That was fantastic!! He had a blast. And then we let him out to run around the living room/dining room ... he was jumping off the walls and furniture again!!!

Okay, here's some pics!!

This first one is after a good roll in the bath. He was more than happy to get in there!

Stephanie

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

you can see the dust flying!

Stephanie

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

resting behind my mom's chair, freshly bathed.

Stephanie

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

behind the chair too ... except he did the typical kid thing and closed his eyes!!

Stephanie

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

actually eating a piece of hay we put out for him!

Stephanie

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

more hay!

Stephanie

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

and this is absolutely my favorite!

Stephanie

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Poor little guy - he looks so rough!! LOL But that second picture is PRICELESS!! That's a contest winner, there!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

Tags
dust bath, dust baths