Excited! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Talking Excited!

I went and saw Bandit this week! He has gotten so big, but still has such a baby face The breeder said he's almost completely weaned and that next week she's going to take him away from his mom and see how he does. If everything goes well I can take him home within two weeks. He already has such a friendly personality. He's very curious and comes right up to the cage when I see him. I held him for a long time and he seemed to really like it. As soon as I put him back he sat with his feet up against the cage begging to come back out. I think its a good sign that he'll be very people friendly

How is everyones fur babies doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Will It Ever Change?

i'm glad your new guy is growing up nicely! it'll be exciting when he comes home with you, not too long from now, this is the home stretch! thought of any names?

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Jird Jostler

Aww i had my jird minne last week, as soon as she was weaned.. =] Hope he does ok without his mummy and i hope you get him home soon =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 12:13 PM

I am so excited for you! I know that you have been waiting for this day to come! Have you taken anymore pictures of Bandit? Can't wait to see the little guy again.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
thought of any names?

I'm assuming she named him Bandit.

How exciting! I was going nuts the last week of waiting before I got Willow .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Its so hard to wait! We were supposed to get him this week, but the breeder asked if it was ok to hold him another for a week or two. He's still young and she wants to make sure that he can thrive in a new environment and away from mom. I was actually really happy because it proved to me that he was coming from a good, caring breeder. Optimus passed away because he was too little to thrive and it would kill me to have to watch this baby go through the same thing.

And yes, his name is Bandit, actually Baby Bandit The first time I saw him he was about 4-5 weeks old and it looked like he was wearing a black mask (he's a black velvet) and the name Bandit just came to me. He's way too cute.

I took some pictures with my phone, but they didn't turn out very well because the flash made everything blurry. I'm going to visit him AGAIN tonight and will post pictures. He's very photogenic though, the last time I took pics he just sat there staring at the camera.

And Georgia, your jird is sooooo neat. I had never even heard of one until you mentioned yours. Your Minnie is so very cute! How big will she get?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Jird Jostler

Aww thanks, minnie is blushing =] .. They get to be about as big as a rat.. she's growing now.. When i got her last week she was about the same size as a mouse now ( 6 1/2 weeks old) she is about the size of a average girbil.. she still fits in my hand nicely tho .. =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post

And yes, his name is Bandit, actually Baby Bandit The first time I saw him he was about 4-5 weeks old and it looked like he was wearing a black mask (he's a black velvet) and the name Bandit just came to me. He's way too cute.

Just wait til he gets his veiling! I have a Brown Velvet, from the day she was born, to the day I got her, to this day she does not look like the same chinny. She's such a cutie.

I can't wait to see pictures of Bandit. I love his name, by the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
fur babies