Flying Saucer? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Has anoyone used the Flying saucer wheel? I am thinking to get one. The breeder I got Emma from makes them and they seem to be widely distributed. I am just curious if anyone here has used one and if your chin liked it or not or had any problems with it.

And if you are interested here is a link to Meadowbrook Chinchilla's where they made the wheel. It tells a bit about the wheel. http://www.chin-chillas.com/exercisewheels.htm

I was able to watch the chins running on the wheel, they seemed to love it. There is also a clip of a chin running on one of the wheels posted on the page I linked to.
Thanks,
Jen

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I've used it for probably 2 years now and just bought another one. My chins love them! It took a bit to figure it out, but once one of them got it, the other caught on immediately. Just make sure to change the bearings frequently - we had to replace ours when it got dented trying to remove the wheel from the mount due to corroded bearings (certain chins like to pee on the wheel ...).

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

I also have two saucer wheels and the chins love them! I would definitely recommend buying one.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I have one and I recommend them.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas