Photos! Fur Loss? What is this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Fur Loss? What is this?

So, my chilla's been losing fur for a while. Once i've even saw lots and lots of fur stuck to the bottom of the cage. Also his tail's been half bald, luckily the fur on his tail's growing back.

So, what happened to my chilla?? my freind says its fungus (her chinchilla used to have fungus) but my sister says hes priming/shedding.

Plz Tell me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awesome 027.jpg (58.3 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
chinchilla breeder

Is the bald spot red and scaly?? We would need a good photo of the bald spot to say for sure. If in doubt it is best to head to the vet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Adolescent Pup

your chin could be pulling it's own fur out. Has anything in the environment changed..new dog or cat...louder area? Sometimes they will pull out their fur when stressed or anxious..change in diet??

Tags
chinchilla, fur, loss