Gave Nemo a bath - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Red face Gave Nemo a bath

With water that is! I didn't saturate his entire body, just his bum area and some of his tummy got wet. His entire tail and bum area is completely yellow from urine and I couldn't take it anymore! Wiping him with a washcloth just doesn't do it so I decided to bathe him. He looks a lot better but isn't very happy with me. He was very good when I was blow drying him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Awee! I should really do that with Snowball, as her tail is geeeeross! Hehe. But, I know she would hate me for the rest of her life and getting her to sit still would be a royal pain in the tookus. Hehe.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You are brave girl! Mine would kill me for blow drying them

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Aww , poor guy! A dust bath might help him dry off too. When we were bringing chins back, the water bottles leaked and the poor chins were soaked on their undersides! a few dust baths and they were right as rain!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Oooh, wait! I remembered something that one of the judges once said to me at a show: Aparently this Dung-Away stuff for horses works wonderfully on chins dirty bums...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Yep, I gave him a dust bath too. It really helped. He also groomed his fur a lot so that helped dry him off too.

Dung-Away? I have to look that up on the internet!

I looked at Nemo's bum today and it looks wonderful!! I will probably bathe him once a month with a mild baby wash. It is easy to soak his bum in the sink.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Yeah, I think that's what he called it... It was Greg Riedstra who mentioned it to me, as Aero has a little bit of bum stain as well, though not too bad.... Obviously, since he placed very near to the 1A and 1B animals in his class

edited to add: found it: http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/cat...30/product3218

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Adolescent Pup

Ohhh, I need to do that to Bailey so bad. He has a bit of yellow right by the base of his tail. Its not too bad but Id like to be able to wash his butt. Maybe I will gather the courage to do it.

So whats the best way to go about it? What soap should I use?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I would buy an organic baby shampoo or baby wash (Burt's Bees has a wonderful line of baby stuff). Support the front half of the animal with your hand and with the other hand, wash and rinse the lower half. Nemo was very good about not trying to run away from me and stayed in the sink. I think he was so shocked I was bathing him, he didn't know what to think.

Tags
dust bath, dust baths, sit still