Gold Bar? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Gold Bar?

Hi.

Can anybody in here, tell me about the colour GoldBar?
We've talked a bit about int in Denmark and Norway, but nobody is sure what kinda colour it really is?

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

I just Googled it and heres what I found..

"The 'Goldbar' is NOT RELATED to the WELLMAN OR SULLIVAN BEIGE (recessive or otherwise) NOR to the WILSON WHITE .
The first 'Goldbar' was born 5/11/95 from two standards purchased from Ellis Adcock. When 'she' was born, they called Ellis and after checking the backgrounds, he confirmed that the sire came out of a line he purchased from Doug Wilson, not the WILSON who produced the WILSON WHITE, but a line that was producing this white chinchilla with what we called a champagne or gold color, hence 'Goldbar'."

They're a recessive beige color series of mutations. "It is also called a golden mosaic and is bred from beige and white lines."

Here's a couple pics I found too:

Here are some good websites too:
http://www.originalchinchillas.ca/mutations.php?id=8
http://www.chinchillaparkplace.ca/colourchart.php

NaTaLiE

Setsuki (std) Coolio (bv) Butters (pw) & Diamond (sap) the chinchillas
Mortimer the cat

Last edited by kittylilac; 08-31-2006 at 04:07 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

I know most of those sites... I just wondered if anybody in here had any personal experience with the mutation...

But thanks anyway

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

wow...what a pretty color i want one

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchi View Post
Hi.

Can anybody in here, tell me about the colour GoldBar?
We've talked a bit about int in Denmark and Norway, but nobody is sure what kinda colour it really is?
Goldbar is a very rare recessive gene. The first one was born of 2 standards in 1995. Sorry, I don't have any PERSONAL experience with goldbars but I do a lot of research. Its a very difficult mutation to breed, and there aren't many breeders attempting it. Goldbar is a color all of its own, its not related to beige or whites, it is it's own gene, and recessive, so they would need to be bred goldbar to goldbar or goldbar to goldbar carrier. They have a thick golden veiling, and a white underfur and belly. Anyway, hope maybe I filled in some of the blanks. And if you do get in touch with an actual goldbar breeder, PLEASE let me know!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

No, not really. You just said what it sais on the sites. Btw. this post is from 2005, last post was in 2006.
I don't get why i should be harder to breed goldbar than violet or sapphire. If it's very hard, we are takling blue diamond, but still not that hard.
It seams tt's just a recessive colour like any other recessive colour, I could see a problem if the white worked like the WW, and you couldn't breed white with white.

When I get some money (I'm thinking A LOT of money), I migh't try and find some goldbar animals and start breeding

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Newborn Pup

Its not hard to put a male and female goldbar in the same cage and let them mate, what's hard is getting a good quality goldbar. You can certainly try, and you will get goldbar babies, but you may have to try several different mates to get a good QUALITY goldbar. I'm not discouraging you in any way, if you think you know enough about it, go for it. I'd like to breed something equally as cool someday. =)

By the way, you don't need to be rude about it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Where do you see I'm rude?

It's just a bit annoying that you reply to such an old post, and you seam to talk down to me
I do a lot of reserch to, so I don't see why you commented, when you didn't have any new info, and when you say you do a lot of reserch, it seams like you think I don't do any...

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Newborn Pup

I didn't assume anything. You asked for information, and I told you what I know. I only replied with what wasn't already on the forum. And I'm sorry I didn't look at the date. I wasn't trying to imply that I know more than you or that you haven't researched about it. What's annoying is that you have an attitude right off the bat!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

"Right off the bat"?
I don't know what this means.

But I don't have an attitude, that's why I put those smileys in there.
I'm sorry you have a problem with me, but that isen't my problem... Go complain to somebody else...

And post #2 has all the info you posted

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Part of the Pack

Chinchi, she was just trying to help. Just say thank you and leave it alone...

There is a limited amount of Goldbar chins out there which is why it is harder to breed for. It is a complicated mutation and there are few out there who are working on them. If there are some born, the breeders are not usually willing to sell them unless the potential buyer is well knowledged about the mutation and is working on improving the quality also. But IMO it's smarter to keep the offspring, breed the Goldbars to standards and get carriers to breed back to another carrier or a goldbar, depending on quality, so you won't be seeing any available in the near future.

If you want someone's personal experience on the mutation then why don't you just e-mail Serena? Easy as that.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Newborn Pup

diamondskyy - "Anyway, hope maybe I filled in some of the blanks."
Chinchi - "No, not really. You just said what it sais on the sites. Btw. this post is from 2005, last post was in 2006."
diamondskyy - "By the way, you don't need to be rude about it."
Chinchi - "Where do you see I'm rude? It's just a bit annoying that you reply to such an old post, and you seam to talk down to me."

I think it is apparent diamond wasn't insulting/talking down/acting superior to you at all Chinchi. She was only trying to help and posted what she knew and you came out and said how she didn't help and pointed out her post is a little late. I thought that was rude. Anyways, just trying to help.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i think its best just not to post about it any more.. ganging up isn't going to help...

good luck with breeding

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Thx Kendalla.

And I still don't see how a post that says everything that has already been said, can be seen as any kind of help...

"Sorry, I don't have any PERSONAL experience with goldbars but I do a lot of research. "
Personally I find this VERY insulting.
I can't read this in any other way, than diamond says I don't do any reserch...
Again, it's especially insulting when everything has been said before, and there is no personal experince, since that was what I asked about...

Chinnymom:
God you are annoying...
If it's that easy, why don't ppl say that from the start, and give me the e-mail.
If you haven't noticed, I'n not from the US, so I don't just know all the breeders you may or may not know about, and when ppl won't say the names, it dosen't make it any easier does it now?

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Thx Kendalla.

And I still don't see how a post that says everything that has already been said, can be seen as any kind of help...

"Sorry, I don't have any PERSONAL experience with goldbars but I do a lot of research. "
Personally I find this VERY insulting.
I can't read this in any other way, than diamond says I don't do any reserch...
Again, it's especially insulting when everything has been said before, and there is no personal experince, since that was what I asked about...

Chinnymom:
God you are annoying...
If it's that easy, why don't ppl say that from the start, and give me the e-mail.
If you haven't noticed, I'n not from the US, so I don't just know all the breeders you may or may not know about, and when ppl won't say the names, it dosen't make it any easier does it now?

/Pia

Breeding since 2005