Good thing or Bad thing? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Question Good thing or Bad thing?

Did anyone hear about Nickelodeon wanting sounds and pictures of chinchillas? Does this mean that children are going to see them and want one "for fun"? Maybe they will educate children about respecting all animals.

It worries me because petstores may 'order' truck load after truck load and get them all sold to people that don't know anything about them --other than they are soft and they take baths in dust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

This has always been a huge fear of mine. Chinchillas just in the past few years have increased greatly in popularity. This is not good as they are not the pet for everyone. I would hate to see them get so common they sell for $24.99 each and everyone could have them!

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I've heard that. It could be a good thing, but also could be a bad thing.

Pet stores already carry them, even petsmart now. The exposure is already there, this will just make it greater.

I just try my best to educate every parent as best as I can. Even my sister has taken up my cause of educating. Someone she knows wanted a chin for her 4 year old and my sister was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They asked why and she gave them the basics and my #.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

I pray it doesn't get out of control. It could be the end of eveything... It's really upsetting me.

It's on the MCBA site.. In my oppinion, I don't think they should do it.. I just don't- it doesn't feel right at all.

I have seen them at PetCo. I didn't know they were at PetSmart, too. Thank God they've still got them outrageously expensive in the pet stores. I have gone and gone and gone to PetCo to educate people about them and stressed that Pet stores (most) aren't the best places to get chinchillas.

I hope it doesn't get out of control. This could all happen so fast.

Please send something-- If enough people voice oppinions- maybe this won't turn into anything but good.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Rocheal; 04-22-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Tags
pet store, pet stores