Goodbye Loki - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Goodbye Loki

2 days ago I lost a great friend, Loki. He was my second chinchilla to ever own and my first to lose. I'm taking this especially hard because if it wasn't for me he would still be with me and my other chinchilla, Zeze; I like to talk them into the bathroom because there are lots of ledges for them to climb on and room for them to jump, I looked at my phone to check something and Loki went under the door before I could stop him, I had forgotten to plug up the area under the door. The family dog happened to be passing by when Loki did this and went after him. While running Loki's heart stopped before our dog could catch him. I'm so sorry Loki, you'll always be in my heart forever.

I can't get the image to show up in this post, so for those who are interested here is a link to a picture of Loki.
eagyn.deviantart. com/gallery/28685248#/d399u93
Please remove space for link to work.

I'm worried about Zeze now, hes acting a little strange and not moving around as much as he did when Loki was with him. I'm wanting to get another chinchilla for him soon but I know when I do I will feel like im just trying to replace Loki.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:34 AM
laugh often

Im sorry for your loss. Zeze is more than likely mourning the loss of his friend. If you want to get him a cage mate then it would be a new member to the family not a replacement. We are here for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you for your concern. I haven't ever been this upset over losing a pet before, but I've never bonded with an animal more than I have with Zeze or Loki. Zeze seems to be doing better after the first couple nights alone still not as active though. In whatever afterlife there is I hope I can see Loki again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 AM
It's all for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
Im sorry for your loss. Zeze is more than likely mourning the loss of his friend. If you want to get him a cage mate then it would be a new member to the family not a replacement. We are here for you.

Yes, another pet never replaces the previous one, there is always room in our hearts for another.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Loki. Accidents happen, please try to forgive yourself, at least the dog didn't get him, Loki didn't suffer.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Playful Pup

im so sorry for your loss i comepltly understand how you feel and with time youll feel better i promise as for a new chinchilla they wont replace loki but they can help you heal and help zeze feel less lonley once their bonded. lots of hugs feel better =o

!!My Pets!!
Chinchillas: Murry and Loki
Cat: Kessie