Guess who likes to eat chinnie pellets? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Guess who likes to eat chinnie pellets?

Every eve I fill my big bucket with fresh pellets for my chins. I'm very quiet about it but my 2 big huskies come a runnin and wait patiently for their handful of chin pelletes for their evening snack!! What a couple of bozo's.

Do your other animals munch on chin food?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

My dogs will eat chinnie pellets or poo that ends up on the floor...but I don't give them a handful of it! LOL!
Ralph Shoots however eats chin pellets himself! I've talked to him while he happily munched on them! LOL He says it's the best way to tell freshness!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:05 PM

My cocker spaniel Abby loves the chinnie pellets, the other two dogs dont get into the chin room as often as she does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

What a picture! I've just got the chinnies, so I'm not much help. I can just picture Ralph Shoots munching on a handful of pellets though! How funny!

Stephanie

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

At first I thought he was munching on sun flower seeds! Then he grabbed another handful of pellets and continued munching and talking as if everyone eats chinnie pellets! I've thought about trying them...but haven't actually brought myself to do it! LOL!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

My oldest cat loves them! I can't let him near the bag, for fear he'd eat them all!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixx
My oldest cat loves them! I can't let him near the bag, for fear he'd eat them all!!
That's what I thought about the dogs...of course the chins have their own room, but still...I keep them in large rubbermaid bins with lids, just in case!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ralph can eat all the pellets he wants!!! How can we tell if they are fresh when we don't have anything to compare them to. I mean these aren't something that we would eat on a regular basis. But I bet he never has constipation problems. I prefer to judge the pellets by the way they smell thank you

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yeah, I judge by smell as well...as for the constipation thing...he may just do it for that reason alone! He's no spring chick anymore!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Stephanie

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Proud New Mommy

lol..

My dog eats them- and the poos as well

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

My dogs will hoover up anything that gets tracked out of the chinchilla room, but thier favorite treat is chinnie and rabbit poos. I just can't figure out what it is with my dogs and poo... chin poo, rabbit poo, cat poo...

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

The worst is when they get into cat poo out of a clumping kitty litter box! We always knew when Kali had been eating cat poo when she would come out with it clumped across her teeth! LOL!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 12:55 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
The worst is when they get into cat poo out of a clumping kitty litter box! We always knew when Kali had been eating cat poo when she would come out with it clumped across her teeth! LOL!
Scrappy (crappy scrappy when she's been at the litter box buffet) always gets busted by the litter clumped around the edge of her nostrils!

Tags
chin room, cocker spaniel, kitty litter, litter box