Has anyone had trouble......? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:27 PM
LUV MY CHINNIES

Unhappy Has anyone had trouble......?

Has anyone ever had chinnies never get pregnant? I have a few pairs I have had together for over 7 months and yet no preggers!! Whats the deal? I just don't get it. What do you all do to get your pregnant?! I am still thinking of using Sassys water!! Please let me know if you all have any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 11:53 PM

Michelle,

We are having lots of babies right now but we have had a pair together for 13 months with no babies, the male has had kits with another female and this female has had kits with another male but not with each other.

You may have a sterile male or female in the pairing or they just may not be compatible. Try changing around your pairs.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 02:29 AM

I'm no breeder, but when I still lived with my mom and we had chins, we had 2 pairs together for years with only one litter of kits. With at least one of the pairs I know the were both fertile but still only one litter in all that time Anyhow, I don't know why but wanted to say that it's not an unheard of situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 02:54 AM

switch your pairs around a little
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 PM

I had a pair that never had babies for 2 years, then one day, she finally got pregnant and had 2 kits, she is now pregnant again, due I believe in March. I just wait it out, if they enjoy each others company, I really don't worry about it, if they sleep away from each other, I start to do some chinnie rearranging, as it usually means that they aren't meant for each other anyways.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 08:22 PM
LUV MY CHINNIES

Talking THANKS!!

I wanted to thank everyone for helping me with their advice and input on my breeding problems!! I will take everyones advice into consideration!